Turn of SYWL - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 2007, 4:09 pm Thread Starter

Unhappy Turn of SYWL

OK, I know that I only have 50 kilometers to reserve and then another 75 or so kilometers to empty. But that equates to about 3 days of commuting if I don't take side trips. It is real annoying to see that "Stupid Yellow Warning Light" stay on ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME". I've seen it when I start up, I see it for the first while, I want to TURN IT OFF after riding a few Km.

On my Honda Ridgeline, it has a "reminder service" that you need to go in for a service. I can at least acknowledge this after I've started the vehicle and turn it off. Alghough, I can't turn off the RPS or the Ridgeline's low fuel light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 2007, 4:38 pm
IBR# 366

Apparently, the dealer can reset the level at which the light comes on. At least they could on the LT, I assume the GT would be the same.

You bring it to the dealer with however much gas in it that you want the light to come on, then they use their GT1 computer to set the current level as the trigger point.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 30th, 2007, 11:03 pm

Unhappy options

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDon
OK, I know that I only have 50 kilometers to reserve and then another 75 or so kilometers to empty. But that equates to about 3 days of commuting if I don't take side trips. It is real annoying to see that "Stupid Yellow Warning Light" stay on ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME". I've seen it when I start up, I see it for the first while, I want to TURN IT OFF after riding a few Km.

On my Honda Ridgeline, it has a "reminder service" that you need to go in for a service. I can at least acknowledge this after I've started the vehicle and turn it off. Alghough, I can't turn off the RPS or the Ridgeline's low fuel light.
I would just drive the ridgeline
H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2007, 3:02 am
Enthusiast

Just one of those annoying things you have to live with!

I agree entirely but just accept it and it becomes much less annoying. Wait till you get the low brake pad warning and have that red warning stay on for a couple of months like I did.

At least with the fuel light you can fill up if you don't like it. However, I like to fill up less rather than more so I don't fill up until at least 360km on tripmeter 1 and put up with the light. Its not that bad if you accept that you can't change it.

By the way, I never touch trip meter 2 and have no problem using number 1 to tell me when I really need fuel. I once put in 23.5l after 385km but usually it is around 22l for 360km, or 6.1l/100km. The bike computer consistently tells me I am getting around 5.4l/100km and is absolutely useless, as is the low fuel light.

Bob

2007 K1200GT Graphite
Ex 1986 Kawasaki GTR1000
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2007, 4:49 pm Thread Starter

Well "HGP3", feel free to drive whatever you'd like. Howver, the Ridgeline gets terrible gas mileage, great vehicle but sucks gas as much as a Hummer I figure. Don't know how Honda screwed this aspect up. And the GPS is great, if you compare it to what was available in about 2001, but doesn't compare to anything available after about 2002.

Just because something is useless, if it doesn't do what it was intended to do then I'm gonna complain about it. I haven't used the average MPG (or Lp100Km) but when I start paying attention to that and do the calcs myself, if they are out I'm gonna complain to the dealer. From other vehicles I KNOW that this calculation can be done accurately (say on my 2000 Volvo) so if it isn't being done correctly on the bike then some BMW technition needs to figure that out and fix it.

None of this makes the bike less enjoyable to ride though - they got that right as far as I can see in the week I've had it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 4:34 am
IBR# 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDon
From other vehicles I KNOW that this calculation can be done accurately (say on my 2000 Volvo) so if it isn't being done correctly on the bike then some BMW technition needs to figure that out and fix it.
Right there with you, Don.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 2007, 4:46 pm
Lieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese
Right there with you, Don.
+1

Ken
Elgin, IL

2007 BMW K1200 GT
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCSE2 (totaled)
2005 Honda ST1300 (traded-in)
2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate (sold)
1997 Honda Valkyrie Standard (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode