BINGO!! - Official Pictures of the new KGT!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 11:40 am Thread Starter

BINGO!! - Official Pictures of the new KGT!!

http://bmwk1200s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2038

Hit the link to reveal the all new GT! Now this forum can really get started. What do you all think. Yes, pro and con! For starters, look at the way they did the front turn signals.

Oh hell, I'm going to stop now and read what all you folks think!

Maybe Kjell or Randy can do their internet magic and put the pictures on our forum instead of clicking on the link?

Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 11:50 am
"Hey Y'all"

Memorex....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Miller
http://bmwk1200s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2038

Hit the link to reveal the all new GT! Now this forum can really get started. What do you all think. Yes, pro and con! For starters, look at the way they did the front turn signals.

Oh hell, I'm going to stop now and read what all you folks think!

Maybe Kjell or Randy can do their internet magic and put the pictures on our forum instead of clicking on the link?

Miles
Why do we think these photoshop pics are real? I'm not biting until some decent pics show up.
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:14 pm
Statmaster

They look like the the real thing. It looks like these were scanned right off of a marketing slick sheet.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
Advertisement

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Well...I just dunno. If its real...I could like this bike. CABN, you seem skeptical. Howcome?
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:18 pm

Miles

I will post when I find 'clean.pictures', not sure of this one.... but if this is it..

Wow..... another reason to not even think of it compared to my K1200S...

My 2 cents, Shiva finally found this one :p

http://forums.cycleworld.com/eve/ubb...1/r/2860012421

Last edited by LOCUS; Nov 8th, 2005 at 1:33 pm.
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:20 pm

The first "two" (looks like the same photo to me) I don't believe were photoshopped. The "color" ones might have been- at least to get each color, but I don't think the bike itself is. That is an integrated design, not a cut&paste from other bikes.

What do I think? I think several things- one is that BMW is finally making the KRT I've wanted for the last 5 years, whatever they choose to call it. And it's NOT bad looking, MUCH better than the R1200RT. I think I will get one. And it looks to me like this bike still leaves room for a KRS in the lineup. . .
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:24 pm
Addict

if the pictures are indeed real i may have to wait another several months to move up from the RS to the new GT. i like the looks of the new GT and while i seldom use the cruise control on my RS i like the idea of having it available. time will tell and before i make a decision i'll have to see the bike in person.
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:32 pm
"Hey Y'all"

'cause...

Quote:
Originally Posted by exRtguy
Well...I just dunno. If its real...I could like this bike. CABN, you seem skeptical. Howcome?
Why I am skeptical:
  1. Why would an official packet show up on Shiva's doorstep and no where else in the world?
  2. This GT has an entirely new rear subframe and passenger peg arrangement than the S has? It doesn't make good sense from a cost perspective.
  3. Why would an official packet show up on Shiva's doorstep and no where else in the world?
  4. The passenger seat looks too much like the S. (i.e. NOT a sport-touring seat.)
  5. Why change the clutch and brake resevoirs? These look like 2005 GT handlebars and controls.
  6. Why would an official packet show up on Shiva's doorstep and no where else in the world?
So there you have it. I'm a skeptic.

p.s. Now if those bags and tail rack will just fit on an S .....
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:37 pm
Enthusiast

So do you think Shiva got the inside edge. He is so liked. Maybe he is just that good.
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:53 pm

I share your skepticism given the source. Still, makes interesting internet fodder.
thanks cbn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode