Photochop the new GT.... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 8:45 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Talking Photochop the new GT....

Based on the assumption that this is the ugliest motorcycle to ever hit the asphalt ( ), a contest is proposed.

Photochop the pictures of the new GT to make it uglier than it is in these pictures!

Ugly colors may be used as long as they are worse than the pale yellow cheese paint version shown.

Chopped pictures need not depict a rideable vehicle.

Post entries on this thread.

Contest ends November 15, 2005.

Legal: This contest may not be legal in some states or countries. Please check local laws and regulations.

Furthermore, in the advent that an uglier version is actually created, this thread may be moved to late night campfire.

Go here to see the monster: http://bmwk1200s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2038
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 9:17 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Smile Jabba the GT

Last edited by Larry; Nov 10th, 2005 at 12:06 pm.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 10:09 am

Thumbs down

I dissagree.. this is the ugliest BMW motocycle, period.. no photochop needed.

Master your environment, and you will survive just fine.
Chances favor the prepared mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 10:23 am
Veteran

Do you really think it's ugly?? I think the R12RT looks worse, and the GS isn't what I'd call a beauty either, although the GS is about funtion over form.. I'd wait to reserve judgement on the new GT untill ones sees it in the flesh... But I think it looks great.. At least this new GT isn't an RS with some minor tweaks like the old one.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 11:24 am

Hell, those "official" photo's are already the work of photochop. I'll wait for a real release before I buy into that release.......
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 11:35 am
No bogey's twist wrist

gt photo

"At least this new GT isn't an RS with some minor tweaks like the old one"

No its a current KS with minor tweaks just like the last one.

no difference. Ony the older version was more suited to be a tourer.

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 11:51 am
"Hey Y'all"

20 years and this is what we get ...

20 years. No photoshop needed.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Con GT.bmp (612.4 KB, 119 views)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 12:01 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat0020
I dissagree.. this is the ugliest BMW motocycle, period.. no photochop needed.
You may be right.

But I wonder what that front would look like on the new GT????

Last edited by Larry; Nov 10th, 2005 at 12:08 pm.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 12:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABNFVR
20 years. No photoshop needed.
Ha Ha, that's good. And just think of the $ you could save buying the Kawi.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 10th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Hey, don't sell the Concours short!

Here's an opportunity to tell my one and only Concours story. The year was 1999 and Betsy and I were riding two-up on my yellow/check K12RS to a basically GS rally down the coast in Eureka, California, called the Lost-Coast Rally. It was early March and the weather held up.

We pulled into the rally motel thru an arch-way late in the afternoon. Dismounted and went into register. As I came out of the office, the GS boys had gathered around my bike, some even taking pictures like it was the star-ship Enterprise. That might have been my finest hour on a Beemer. I just loved that RS; kept it for six years.

At the same time, a friend, by the name of Bill Keener, was riding to the rally with a friend of his on a GS from Coarsegold, California near Yosemite. He was on a '70's R100RT airhead which started giving him trouble near the little 'burg of Ukiah. He puttered into town on one cylinder and the 200.000 mile bike gasped and died completely across the street from a Kawasaki dealer.

Using a credit card, Bill struck out on a brand new purple (metallic flake) Connie and arrived just after we did at the motel on his brand new bike to the surprise of the nearly 100 percent BMW riders.

I was surprised how attractive this bike looked; classic, in the same way my K100RT looked, only glitzier with that wild paint-job.

The next day, the GS crowd took off for Lost Lake and a little off-roading while Bill on the Connie lead the two of us on a ride thru the "Avenue of the Giants" The Connie just blated thru and around those big trees with us in hot pursuit. Impressive.

Bill got alot of razing about the bike and several weeks later sold it and trailered it to Seattle. Bill and a friend stayed with us that evening. A few days later he phoned and said he purchased a used R11RS.

Fast forward to 2003. About the same time I purchased an Orient Blue GT, Bill decided to purchase one as well at A&S Cycles in Sacramento.

A few weeks later, I learned that Bill, even before the first service had dumped the GT and traded even-up at A&S for a new R1150RS.

Bill commented that while he didn't get any razing on the GT, he said it was the same as riding the Connie with a Roundel plastered on the side at twice the price. I remember him saying "if it looked like a duck and acted like a duck, then it was a duck". And I remember muttering something like: "well, for those two rally days back in 1999, I really liked that Purple Connie glinting in the sun as it made those turns thru the big Redwood Forest".

Morale of the story: BMW could do a lot worse than reprising the Kawasaki Concours, imo, of course. (Concours <g>)

Miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode