AND - Here is the First Full Size Picture of the new GT!! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2005, 10:01 pm Thread Starter

AND - Here is the First Full Size Picture of the new GT!!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?pa...NEWS_NEW-BIKES

Click on the link, then click on the picture to enlarge. Now, what do you all think? And, that color is completely different, I think, than the three we saw previously.

At last, the suspense is over, I tell 'ya. It's real, it's not photo-shopped, it's shown in action, two-up, it's from the right-side and shows the lower exhaust, it reveals the "flair" in the lower fairing. And how about that multi-faceted headlight!

O.K., let the analysis begin!

Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2005, 10:06 pm
No bogey's twist wrist

pic of gt

I would like to see it with two 200 lb riders not two 110 lb riders. Looks huge I like the zzr1400 looks better, wonder what the price diff will be.

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2005, 10:12 pm
Enthusiast

Maybe it will look better on the showroom floor.Looks big and bulky,almost LT like.It sure doesn't look as stunning as the KS.

Enjoying The Ride. Eddie Layton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2005, 10:54 pm Thread Starter

Well, I'll be; MCN puts this picture/info up and then immediately shuts the site down for maintenance. Maybe it will be up in the morning.

But, all is not lost if you are looking for the very same picture. Podman has a thumbnail you can click on and enlarge on the thread entitled: "See the Full Manufacturers Pictures on Tuesday". Right now it's just below this one.

Thanks,

Miles
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2005, 11:11 pm
Veteran

So far I'm glad I got an S. Not that the GT looks bad, but I'm glad I got an S :-)
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 12:01 am

The site is up now.

I like it but would like to see a few more shots. I wonder if the bike looks as wide from the rear (with the bags removed) as the current model?
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 2:25 am

Will have to wait until there are more pics (of the instruments for example) from the official launch... But I still like what I see...
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 2:47 am
Enthusiast

New GT

Notice that someone suddenly had a flash of common sense and lowered that way-oversized muffler to allow two full-sized system cases! God knows what kind of other improvements we can expect to see in the actual bike when it gets here. With my desire for improved creature comfort on long trips, I believe I'm going to drift toward getting me one of these in the months to come.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 2:52 am
Enthusiast

The lower muffler makes sense depending on the leaning / ground clearance compromise. The lack of detail or styling on the fairing while it may be only advanced prototyping gives a bulky impression at first glance. But panic not -- for tomorrow all will be revealed!!

Cheers
Lenz
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 3:50 am

I am very glade that i purchased my 04 GT. This bike is way to covered for me. The fairing is to plastic looking, Hope it looks better on the dealer floor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode