High resolution Picture, K1200GT! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 6:17 am Thread Starter

High resolution Picture, K1200GT!

Here it is The new K1200GT:

Last edited by LOCUS; Nov 15th, 2005 at 3:17 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 7:27 am

Translated from BMW Germany:

"The K 1200 GT the past K 1200 GT follows and is based on the innovative engine technology of the K 1200 S and K 1200 R. the second generation of the GT offers driving dynamics on high level. In addition considerably the engine tuning particularly designed for high torque contributes, which to sovereigns road performances as well as maximum Agilitaet leads.

The achievement of the Sporttourers will amount to over 110 kW/150 HP. Also the chassis components do not leave open desires. The same technical basis has the K 1200 GT as the K 1200 S and offers to the customers the front wheel guidance Duolever, the Paralever for the rear wheel guidance as well as special equipment the electrically adjustable shock strut (ESA).

The GT earned the name "Gran Turismo" like no second. To the series trim the adjustable seat and an adjustable steering wheel belong. The wind sign can be electrically individually adapted. Further components of the equipment are the luggage system as well as the BMW motorcycle integral ABS in the part-integral version.

In addition BMW motorcycle holds a custom-made offer ready at special equipment and option. Perfect wind and is enclosure and the optimal driving equipment offers the new K 1200 GT for route and long-distance drivers. The machine is surprisingly narrow nevertheless and works very elegantly."

http://www.bmwhp.org/content.asp?ID=1064&CLASS=NEWS
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 8:07 am

Thumbs up New GT

I think it looks great. They lowered the exhaust so both bags are full size, and added passenger grab rails. Nice touch. The seat also looks flatter than my 04 which suggests less forward slide on hard braking. This has definitely created a problem for me as I've just gotten my bike the way I like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 8:41 am

Grumble, grumble...

I'd really like to like this bike more, given its power, but I'm finding it difficult. My 04 GT resembles a sportbike when the bags are off. With the low exhaust, that masquerade is over on the 06/07/whatever. The sportiness + comfort is what drew me to the GT in the first place. Not sure that sportiness has been retained...
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 8:53 am
Veteran

Then buy an S ... I for one am glad BMW has decided to make two different bikes the S is the SPORT touring bike. The GT is just that a GT; a more upright less sporty bike. The old RS and GT were in reality the Same bike. Now we have two different bikes. Designed for different missions. Bravo BMW. You finally built the RT with a K bike soul!
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Statmaster

There's no pleasing some of you.

When the first generation GT came out, many of you bashed BMW for not lowering the exhaust to accomodate a full-sized bag, and now you knock them for doing just that.

While the styling is all David Robb, and in my opinion leaves MUCH to be desired. It can be easily seen that, aside from styling and looks, BMW has responded to almost everything this group has complained about the previous generation GT.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:11 am Thread Starter

Sure agree with you Jeff... I am 'stunned' as of how reactions are...all that was 'Those-big-wants' of the old one is here....and now, why this.. why that??

I think for the first time BMW have given us K-freaks.. areal 'RT-like' Tourer, and if you consider yourself 'more-sporty'..go buy the S.....

Got any clues Jeff,...how will a new LT...look like after this one....I am wondering...
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:22 am

I hope they offer different colors besides that dirty white perl (grey is not to bad)...looks like something you would find on a cadillac I did not like the upright bars on the RT, so not sure I will like them on the GT...will reserve judgement till I can actually get a test ride.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:26 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
There's no pleasing some of you.

When the first generation GT came out, many of you bashed BMW for not lowering the exhaust to accomodate a full-sized bag, and now you knock them for doing just that.

While the styling is all David Robb, and in my opinion leaves MUCH to be desired. It can be easily seen that, aside from styling and looks, BMW has responded to almost everything this group has complained about the previous generation GT.
You are right of course, they have given us what was asked for, more protection, more HP, better luggage, most of the things on the list, but the style is a very personal thing.

I think that those who bought the RS/GT purchased it not just because it did it's job better than much on the market, but looked beautiful doing it. Function and form coming together is a very personal thing, and while we might admire a machine for its function and effectiveness, when it comes to vehicles looks have a major impact.

I think that some of the negatives on style are a result of this, and David Robb should take this feedback for what its worth. The RS/GT may end up being a classic, and maybe the new styles will grow on us. When BMW modified their cars styling a couple of years ago, sales plumetted, not because the cars weren't technically better than other years. They were just ugly.

For me at least a "turn round one more time to look at her" is an important factor in buying a motorcycle. It's not just a machine, it's an extension of my personality so looks come into it. I have tried many bikes that I like the look of that did not have the ergos, behavior or features that turned me on. BMW has always been there on that front.

So, I guess you are right. Technically they have delivered. As Winston Churchill was once admonished by a lady for being drunk... which he replied. "Yes, madam I am drunk, and you madam are ugly. Tomorrow morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly".
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 9:46 am

Looks a lot better with a lusty Italian chick on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8627087.jpeg
Views:	546
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	601   Click image for larger version

Name:	8627089.jpeg
Views:	501
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	602  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode