Dunlop Roadsmarts? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2008, 2:54 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Dunlop Roadsmarts?

Any chance these will handle like the Z6's but last significantly longer? Anybody going to give 'em a try and report back? I've never run Dunlop's. Worth a try? Opinions? Experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2008, 8:17 am
Enthusiast

DavidS, I've never heard of them. Usually a new tire will be released much like a new bike - with all the moto journalists at an event. Then the photos and reviews, and advertisements, appear in the cycle mags. To date I have not seen an ad or review on these tires.

If you get them, let us know how they work after a few thousand miles. I've always told my wife that any new tire feels so much better than any worn tire that first impressions are misleading.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:03 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

The new issue of Rider has an article, and there are several others online. All covering the new tires debut w/ ride reports, but I take motojournalists reviews w/ some scepticism.

Hoping someone else takes the plunge and tries them out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2008, 11:03 am
Strafist

Plunge on, man!

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2008, 12:16 pm
Veteran

I used to ride with Dunlops on the '86 Magna. I don't remember which exact model of tire. What I liked about those tires was that I got good durability (miles) from them, and the tread pattern was very resistant to squirming on grooved freeways. I hardly noticed the grooves.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2008, 1:19 pm

The head service guy at Mortons BMW is gonna try a set on his F800, I will see what he thinks. It may be a while they havent even been mounted yet.

I just had an M3 mounted on my front wheel, to match the M3 on the back. The stock Bstone front cupped.....alot and the back Bstone only made it 4000 miles. I really like the M3 for grip
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2008, 1:53 pm
Noob

Well, I have just had a set of Roadsmarts fitted to relace my Z6s.

I previously had D220STs on my 1200RT in the past and I did not like them. However, the European launch of Roadsmarts brought some rave reviews from journalists so I thought I would give them a try although I remain a sceptic until proven otherwise.

When it stops raining here I will give them a run out and report back

Tom
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2008, 2:48 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommac
Well, I have just had a set of Roadsmarts fitted to relace my Z6s.

I previously had D220STs on my 1200RT in the past and I did not like them. However, the European launch of Roadsmarts brought some rave reviews from journalists so I thought I would give them a try although I remain a sceptic until proven otherwise.

When it stops raining here I will give them a run out and report back

Tom
Tom, we will be watching for your report on how you like them and how they wear. Glad you are a pioneer and willing to share the info. Just out of interest, and as a data point, what kind of mileage were you getting out of your rear Z6's?
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2008, 2:54 pm
Noob

About 7000 miles from the Z6 rear and 9000 from the front. Both had a little bit of life left but who wants to run too close to the limit anyway so I thought I would replace for the new season.

Got an advanced riding course(www.rapidtraining.co.uk) in a week so I hope they will perform.

Tom
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 2008, 3:07 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommac
About 7000 miles from the Z6 rear and 9000 from the front. Both had a little bit of life left but who wants to run too close to the limit anyway so I thought I would replace for the new season.

Got an advanced riding course(www.rapidtraining.co.uk) in a week so I hope they will perform.

Tom
I've got 9k mi on my front and rear Z6s that came with my GT, and have called my dealer to try and get a pair of Roadsmarts. Although it looks as though I've got another 4-5k miles on the Z6s, the front looks like I've got two tires mounted - a flat smooth tire in the center and a curved one on the outside. Yes, I'm primarily a freeway commute rider type.

Guy Howard
K12LT 05 (sold)
K12GT 07 - build 12/06 BMSK-P ECU (ASC retrofit), V.3 airbox, new o2 sensor @18k, PowerFrk module @25k

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode