where can I get a rack that fits where the rear box goes - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2008, 8:55 pm Thread Starter

where can I get a rack that fits where the rear box goes

Have a Givi rear bag but is too big and droops over on both sides. Is there a metal plate/rack that I can get that attaches to the rear and I can place the Givi Bay on?

Thanks
David Adler
Aurora. IL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 2008, 5:08 pm
Would rather be riding

Givi soft bag?

You must mean some kind of Givi soft bag, the hardcase shouldn't be drooping! In case I'm confused, I looked into this just after I bought my K1200GT and decided that the GIVI Universal Plate would probably be the best choice, looks like it'd attach to the existing bag support easily enough and would let you latch on any GIVI case.

But maybe you want something like this Luggage Rack? (I know it's for a LT, but is that the kind of thing you mean?) I don't know anything about these, I just googled "luggage rack K1200GT" and that's what popped up.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2008, 11:08 am

[QUOTE=bonafidebob]You must mean some kind of Givi soft bag, the hardcase shouldn't be drooping! In case I'm confused, I looked into this just after I bought my K1200GT and decided that the GIVI Universal Plate would probably be the best choice, looks like it'd attach to the existing bag support easily enough and would let you latch on any GIVI case.

QUOTE]

The standard Give rack for the R1200RT fits the K1200GT. This in turn can mount any of the Givi hard cases as well as the new Givi softcase. Neither hard or soft cases should droop!

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/acatalog/G...t_Luggage.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 8th, 2008, 1:10 pm
Enthusiast

Garage
Had the same problem with another brand of bag on my R11RS.

I used a piece of aluminum bar stock rounded the corners and deburred it.
1/8" thick x 3" wide x the length of the bag less about 4", there were slots in the RS rack, so I centered the bar, marked it for the slots and drilled it for 1/4" screws.
Used pan head screws through the plate into the slots and flat washers under slots with lock nuts.

Easy on easy off.

Changed to a Givi trunk, now it rides on the GT

'07 K1200GT Crystal Gray Metalic
'00 Ducati 900 Monster
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 2008, 12:58 am Thread Starter

Givi bag/rack and make my own!!!

Well, you're right - Givi bag that droops - will look at the Givi rack. The other suggestion looks simple enough but weather is breaking and I want to ride instead of working.

Thanks

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode