I received the reply from Baehr - that still looks simple
Will try to follow their instructions.
the first thing you should do is to make a factory reset.
1. the engine of your motorcycle is not running and CAPO 3U has no power-supply!
2. with your left hand, press the yellow PTT-switch and keep it pressed
3. with your right hand, turn on the ignition-key to "on", (don't start the engine). After a second the display is
showing a "A". Now you can leave the yellow PTT-switch
4. Push the PTT again, only one time and don't hold it!
5. an "F" is displayed.
6. push the PTT again, only one time and don't hold it!
7. "r", "E", "5", "E", "t", wich means RESET is displayed
8. a "0" is displayed
9. push the "Up-Down-switch" one time up and don't hold it!
10. a "1" is displayed
11. push the PTT again, only one time and don't hold it!
12. turn on the ignition-key to "off", and wait until the CAPO 3U has no power-supply!
now the CAPO 3U has made a factory reset and should behave like that day we produced it. This means that all volume settings (in and out) are standart, an channel "7" is programmed.
Now you can do a testride.
1. turn on the ignition-key to "on", start the engine.
2. if the engine is running, push the PTT, only one time and don't hold it!
3. after a few second's a "7" is displayed. The internal PMR-Radio is ready now!
if you now want to change the PMR-channel
1. press the "Up-Down-switch" one time up and hold it!
2. the displayed "7" starts to flash
3. now, quikly push the "Up-Down-shwitch" up or down, as often you want to get the desired channel.
5. after a few second's the display stop's flashing an the new channel is stored inside the SGF-12-01
If you have no success with the factory setting and the unit don't behave as descibed above, then it seems to be damaged! and you better send it together with the display to us for control.
yor baehr team