BMW specs on the new bikes! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 11:47 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up BMW specs on the new bikes!

BMW has listed the new bikes on their international english site, so you can get all the details straight from them! The F800ST and F800S, the R1200S, and K1200GT are all there.

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html

Have fun!

Hmmm, on looking further some are currently a little light on content.

There ARE specs on the R1200S, though, so I guess just keep an eye out, these just went up in the last day.

Last edited by kkugel; Nov 17th, 2005 at 11:54 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 11:56 am

So it's official, they have it in the tourer category. Makes sense, given the rest of the range, and the way it has bulked up.

Given that positioning, they will now have a very fast tourer, the RT and the Light Truck LT, depending how to want your longer trips to sound and feel.

Last edited by mikeodial; Nov 17th, 2005 at 12:24 pm.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 11:58 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkugel
BMW has listed the new bikes on their international english site, so you can get all the details straight from them! The F800ST and F800S, the R1200S, and K1200GT are all there.

http://www.bmw-motorrad.com/com/en/index.html

Have fun!
Interesting. Especially:
  • 155 bhp and 130 Nm
  • on-board computer with oil level display
  • xenon light as optional
Though it is not listed on the Motorrad USA website, it has been reported that the GT will also be available with a radio, but possibly later than the initial launch in April.

Click
here to become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com

Randy Prade,
Aurora, CO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 12:23 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Though it is not listed on the Motorrad USA website, it has been reported that the GT will also be available with a radio, but possibly later than the initial launch in April.
WHAT??! Not a 40 inch plasma TV? They need to get their priorities straight!

Bob.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 12:46 pm

"Excellent Brakes"?

There were a couple of rumors that surfaced along the way to seeing the real pictures from BMW and at the Milan show.

One of these was that a new brake system from a company called Continental-Teves would replace the servo assisted brakes. They would be linked but non-servo. Looking closely at the calipers on the new pictures, they sure look the same. Sure would like to know if the braking system was carried over.

Also, there was a rumor of a change in the transmission from the cassette transmission on the K-R/S to the one used on the RT. This seems less likely than a change in the braking system, but haven't yet seen anything definite on that.

Nothing specific on the weight or exact fuel capacity, either.

The picture of the darker colored GT leaned over and away from the viewer sure makes the bike look sporty and appealing.

Last: nice to see the three additonal ponies, up from the assumed 152 to 155. All three new K's are torque monsters. Any speed, any gear, anytime!

You have to think that people that wanted all that K-R/S performance in a do-it-all comfortable environment would be pleased. Got my fingers crossed on price. Can't believe all those features listed on Motrrad are standard and not just "available" as options.

Miles
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 3:32 pm
Enthusiast

Hi Miles,

Read somewhere that the gas tank capacity is 6 gallons. Hope it's more! This is the hot unit! This is the sport tourer! Will you have one in the garage next to your S?

Let's Ride IT!

Regards,

Motorman
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 3:35 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Miller
"Excellent Brakes"?

One of these was that a new brake system from a company called Continental-Teves would replace the servo assisted brakes.
"Teves" (also known as "Alfred Teves", or more commonly "ATE") is one of Europe's largest manufacturers of braking systems. BMW (among many others) has used their brakes in their cars for many years. I have had several cars with ATE disks. I loved the way that the pads could be exchanged in a couple of minutes without removing the caliper (rather like the old Brembo brakes on the original K100/K75 series).

Bob.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 4:51 pm Thread Starter

And if you poke around in the Technology section, there is a nice description of the new optional Xenon light, for the K1200LT and GT
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 5:22 pm
Enthusiast

The pictures with the one large and three small kinda looks like a silver color.I guess it's the white but it sure looks silver to me.Kinda like that,looking a little better to me.

Enjoying The Ride. Eddie Layton
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 8:15 pm Thread Starter

It looks silver to me too, especially if you wait long enough that the silver one flips up on the bigger frame. My FAVORITE color.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode