price of new GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 6:23 pm Thread Starter
Addict

price of new GT

anybody have any word on how much the new GT will set you back in dollars?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Nov 17th, 2005, 7:59 pm

From another thread, from the US announcement-

"$19,000-21,000 depending on options."
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2005, 10:01 pm

New GT price

Dropped my '04 K12GT off today for the ECM update. Was talking to head parts man, a long time BMW veteran. Dan made the comment that they were expecting the new GT to be "high end" in price, as in $20,000 plus.

That being said, as much as I love my '04, even with its warts, I think the price of a new GT will be an issue for some. But then, BMW's are not purchased because they are price competitive.

When I bought my K12GT I knew that its resale was going to stink. But as I told my wife, we aren't buying this thing for resale, we are buying it to ride and enjoy. My wife loves our GT, she says its the RUSH that turns her on. Will we go for a new GT? Probably not. I think we will have our '04 for some time. We enjoy it and I just can't see taking such a hit on the resale just to have a new ride. Besides that, just how fast can you ride those beasts two-up?

With all of that said, I think I will really love the new GT. Its more of a touring bike than the current model. At the same time its more my style than the K12LT which I find just too darn big for the sporting rides we do.

I have noticed that when we are out and run into Goldwing riders that a fair number of them take a real interest in my K12GT. I would think that to them it looks like a small nimble sport bike after riding those land barges they are on. Its all relative, and its all to do with just what you want from your bike.

I look forward to seeing the new GT because like many others here I just LOVE motorcycles of all sorts.

Bring it on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2005, 10:19 pm

Was at the deler today in Montreal, it will sell in Canada for ~25000$ ...ouch!

My 2003 zebra is a keeper.

Eric
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2005, 11:05 pm

High quality = high price. Count of the new GT being priced according to it quality.
High quality = durability. Count on your current ride lasting a long time.
The K, any K, is a bike made to last. And, of course, we all knw, the presence of a new machine, while seductive, doesn't impact the quality of the ride you already have. It's the same quality today as yesterday, and will be the same tomorrow. A new GT will not make an old GT any less enjoyable, unless of course you take the new one for a ride. Once bitten....

They sure are hard to resist.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 6th, 2005, 11:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM

Eric
The current (2005) GT sells for $25K (check out http://www.bmw.ca/motorrad/overview/...elName=k1200gt) so there's no price increase in Canada. I was expecting it to sell for a bit higher, but then maybe it's $25K before the options (that used to be Standard).
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 12:41 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM

Eric
Whatdya mean, "Ouch"? Sure it is expensive, but the "old" K1200GT was about this price too.

Bob.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 9:43 am
Just saying hey

Boy do I have to adjust my expectations...

In 2003 I bought a brand new K1200LT with 2 CD players, front and rear heated seats, integrated ABS, heated grips, cruise control etc etc... for $17,000. ($3,000 BMW
anniversary discount, $1,000 dealer discount)..

I am torn between trading in my LT for a GT, or keeping by LT and buying an S or waiting until the next LT is out and then trading in my current LT...

I might spend 22 to 23K on the next generation LT, but if the current GT is that price I might just go buy a FJR as a 2nd bike..
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 10:53 am
Telepathetic

The price will be whatever the market will bear. That being said, I hope the passenger seat and pegs are perfect, 'cus that is where my Chief Financial Officer will be sitting. If she isn't comfy the price doesn't matter.

Darrel
'06 GT - Blue
85K on the clock
_'07 GS - Yeller
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 2005, 9:02 am

Unhappy

I mean Ouch as 25K without options. All the good stuf is optional ESA, cruise, on board computer.....

Two years ago when i bought the RS I paid 19K and had nothing to add! well except the Two Bros, verholen mirrors, Bagster tank bag.....

That's what I mean by ouch.

Oh and as for pricing in Vancouver expect it to be higher than out here.

Eric

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode