Intrudcing my new ride, farkling begins, and riding Generals highway... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2008, 5:59 pm Thread Starter

Cool Intrudcing my new ride, farkling begins, and riding Generals highway...

I bought this 2006 K1200GT last weekend after selling my '04 GT the same day. You might have seen the quick and dirty garage pictures I posted then, but I thought I would do it right today and post pics from my first official ride.

Here it is. Crystal gray metallic has always been my favorite color in this bike although I realize it's not for everyone.

As you can see I also like this color in cars. Actually this bike reminds me of my 5 series-- kind of funny looking, lots of gadgets, fast as hell.

Electronic suspension adjustment, love it...

Started out with a couple of farkles. First thing I added is a larger footplate which helps avoid the dreaded $2000 parking lot flop.

Much better...

Next, a couple reflective motoman stickers (please don't tell me they're not even, it's already bugging me) and (can't see these) tailblazer flashing brake lights. Helps keep the soccer moms away.

Ride like the wind, little motoman buddy...

Generals Highway, central California's Sierra mountains. I've been waiting for the snow to clear all winter and finally rode it this morning. Amazing! The road was dry but the snow on the mountainsides was gorgeous.

This is at 7,400 feet. Keep in mind that it was in the 90s last weekend on the valley floor so it's awesome to be able to get up in the cold stuff.

The bike runs like a locomotive and I couldn't be happier with it. A couple artsy shots...and thanks for looking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2008, 3:10 pm
Would rather be riding

Nice ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesurgeon
I bought this 2006 K1200GT last weekend after selling my '04 GT the same day. You might have seen the quick and dirty garage pictures I posted then, but I thought I would do it right today and post pics from my first official ride.
Nice ride. You definitely got the best color.

What kind of gloves are those? Is that carbon fiber on the knuckle area?

Looks like an aftermarket seat, which one? I'm about to spring for a Corbin 'cause I want the smuggler.

Are the passes clear all the way through? I was out in the Santa Cruz mountains this weekend (hello to the Crystal Grey GT with Aeroflow guards I passed outside Half Moon Bay!) and it was surprisingly cold! 53* was the warmest I saw all day. Contrast 90* in Calistoga last weekend...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2008, 5:27 pm Thread Starter

Can't remember the name of the gloves off the top of my head but I bought them at the dealer. It's faux carbon fiber I suspect. None of the Sierra passes are open right now but I am waiting patiently...typically they open in mid May to first week in June. Given the relative dry spring I would think sooner rather than later barring a late season snowfall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2008, 6:52 pm

Nice ride! The best color too! I also added the side stand foot. When you get ready for a windshield try the aeroflow. I put the tall one on mine and I still look over it but it will stop all wind noise while still letting you get air when you want it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2008, 8:44 pm
Capn' Blowhard

Great pics and welcome to the fold!

I believe those gloves are Held Ninjas - my personal glove of choice as well. Love 'em...I alternate between those and the Held Steve 'roo gloves depending on the trip and weather but the Held Ninjas have been my favorite all 'rounder for years. Decent price too!

'07 BMW K1200GT
'06 Ducati Classic Sport 1000 Monoposto
K7 GSX-R 1000
"Oh, somewhere deep inside of these bones, an emptiness began to grow. There's something out there, far from my home, a longing that I've never known..."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2008, 9:16 pm
Addict-oholic

Congratulations on the new ride. i also use the same kickstand foot and it has paid for itself many times over. The OEM kickstand has the footprint of a dime and slides, digs in to the soft pavement etc.

Wait until the 600 mile is up and then it makes the KRS look like a mini bike !

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode