Corbin Smuggler - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2008, 1:28 pm Thread Starter
Would rather be riding

Corbin Smuggler

Despite the warning flags, yesterday I threw the switch on getting a Corbin seat and Smuggler for my '07 GT. I'm nearby so I'm doing a ride-in appointment to make the seat, that way I know it'll all fit when I leave and the seat will be what I want. There's some lead time on the smuggler (it's painted to match) so I've set up an appointment for May 16th.

I got the whole 9 yards: driver and passenger seat, heated with OEM wiring, and smuggler. (It's only money, right?)

While Corbin's email support is nonexistent (they never once replied to any emails posted through their website), they were great on the phone, and acknowledged that they have some email issues to sort out. They even remembered me (well, called up my record in their database) from the seat I got for my GPZ 10 years ago, also a ride-in delivery. (FWIW I'm still using that seat and still happy with it, though the leather is looking a little worn -- maybe I'll take it with me and get them to update it...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2008, 6:52 pm
Enthusiast

I've been a Corbin guy for a long time. Had several of 'em. Never a moments problem. The truth is, if I had to ride with one of those BMW torture devices (aka:stock seat), I might not ride.

As far as the KGT Corbin, I like it quite a bit. The GT seat design is goofy with the 2 piece step but Corbin did a nice job with what they had to work with. The only thing I would change if I could would be to have height adjustment to better suit my 34" inseam. I can see why they don't so I had them build in an additional 3/4 inch in driver seat height. It is a very hard seat but it will break-in (to your dimensions ) in a few thousand miles making it even better.

Congrats on your purchase. Expensive, but to me an essential investment on a bike.

Mike M
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2008, 9:48 am

Just got my smuggler and seat this winter. No troubles at all. I was not aware of an OEM wiring option, perhaps that is new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2008, 7:01 pm

Got my heated seat and Smuggler last year - one of the best purchases I made for the bike. Very comfortable saddle (although not difficult compared to the original) and the Smuggler means I don't need to carry either the panniers or the top-box when I'm out. Not cheap, but personally I reckon worth every penny.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode