2008 vs. 2006 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2008, 12:06 am Thread Starter
Addict

2008 vs. 2006

Had an early 2006 for a year, now just received the new 2008. You may be interested if any difference. Yes it is.
- no high idle on 2008, it stays at about 1200 when cold and about 1050 after getting warm
- throttle is extremelly progressive and flat, i kinda liked the old K with rough acceleration, this one is behaving more like a Gold Wing.
- seat is changed, skin is different, also the foam, i suspect is closed cell, much much better, it is usable, dont know if i will change it. Also it is horisontal, it doesn't push you in the tank, I also think the big rubber washers at the back of rider seat are even bigger on new one.
- ESA may have improved software, I think it was better on bad roads set to "Comfort", even better than my other bike, the GSA1200, go figure.
One in all, yes, 2008 is different but not that much. If you ask me is a bit too lazy, maybe needs more breaking in, only 500km on it now. Damn, I forgot, we were two-up yesterday, maybe is OK.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner

Last edited by Doru-in-Romania; Apr 27th, 2008 at 1:35 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2008, 12:26 am
Veteran

Always seems to run better 2-up. I find if the lol is on the back, it keeps me from sliding into the tank. Dunno why? Maybe fat adds some geometry tilt?

Most importantly, the 2008 has the non-assist servo brakes. How are they?

Mine was really nice today in some tight twisties. The BBS was nil and throttle was easy to control. No high-speed idle nonsense since Ventura BMW did their magic to the thing.

There were the colored-hair Piaggio and Vespa scooter riders out in force in the mountains today. Maybe 200 or so. Lady at one of their waterhole stops said they all had different colored hair: green, pink, gold, red, purple. She said they were "The Geeks on Vespas" club out of LA and Bakersfield, CA. I had to pass them all - and there were a lot to pass! - since they flew at the speed of a Harley pack (i.e. 35-40 mph) and I got through the pack to find one crashed ahead of the group and another blew his engine up. They were wound out too!

God! I love this bike!

Mack
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 2008, 1:32 am Thread Starter
Addict

brakes are ok, actually i am used with them from my 2007 gs1200adv. old assisted brakes i had on several bikes- r1150r, gs1200, 2006k were not as progressive, were ferm no doubt about that but was a bit difficult to modulate them. non assisted are better. had a mercedes car with brake by wire, same story, i red somewhere they changed those brakes as well.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode