Now waiting - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2008, 4:50 am Thread Starter

Smile Now waiting

I finally bit the bullet today and ordered a new GT but the bad news is I have to wait till late July to get my hands on her. Crap. That's three months, I suppose, to get real excited and at least it's getting on to winter down here.

The really sad thing though was the k1100rs sure had a hang dog look when I got home. Think she suspects something is up. Absolutely superb bike, has not had one issue in over 120000 k's. Hope the GT can get close to that.

All the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2008, 5:50 am
Enthusiast

Congratulations on the new bike. Good to see some more fellow Australians on this site. Have a look at the Australian section as well if you haven't already. It is pretty quiet at the moment.

I would love to ride my bike around Tassie but I doubt if I ever will. I have only had the pleasure of driving a Toyota Aurion hire car around north western Tasmania a couple of weeks ago and loved every minute.

Do you have a dealer in Tasmania or are you getting the bike from Melbourne or something?

I hope you really love your new bike when you get it. I certainly love riding mine, even though I have had a few problems. It is running perfectly at the moment.

Bob

2007 K1200GT Graphite
Ex 1986 Kawasaki GTR1000
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2008, 7:11 am Thread Starter

The bike is coming from the local dealer. Poor sods, I've been harassing them since December.

If you ever get a chance to do some riding in Tassy grab it. There is some superb riding down here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2008, 1:20 pm
Strafist

Waiting for mine was prolly the longest months of my life.

I did buy all the farkles for it and my only relief was to go out in the gearage and paw them.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 2008, 6:32 pm

Thumbs down Don't tell her, just t ake out back and shoot her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westridge
I finally bit the bullet today and ordered a new GT but the bad news is I have to wait till late July to get my hands on her. Crap. That's three months, I suppose, to get real excited and at least it's getting on to winter down here.

The really sad thing though was the k1100rs sure had a hang dog look when I got home. Think she suspects something is up. Absolutely superb bike, has not had one issue in over 120000 k's. Hope the GT can get close to that.

All the best.
Westridge,
My 93 K1100RS has 123,000 miles on it. It has only been to a dealer for two warranty repairs. She has never complained when I bring home a new BMW because she knows she will always be there for backup! She gets to live out her natural life in my stable, might even out live me! I assume your keeping the old gal? Mine got a make over in 97.

Oh yea, congrats on the new GT!

Norris Cooper Andover Kansas USA
06 K1200GT
93 K1100RS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1713.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	7803  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 2008, 4:44 am Thread Starter

Gee how rude not replying. My apologies. Anyhow the old K1100 will be staying, can't bring myself to get rid of her. Much to the better half's dismay. But then when it comes to a bike and the wife the choice is easy.

Latest dealer update on delivery is early July now. I'll believe when I see it.

Frustation is starting to set in big time. It will be good though if there is an early arrival as we have a big trip planned to Cairns and back in August, around 9000k's all up, and it would be nice to get some saddle time prior to leaving.

Also might be nice to see what farkles I might require, already got the big topbox and grifscoots it's really sad to paw it but yes its the only relief there is at present.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 2008, 5:09 am
Addict

Hey westridge, I bet youre counting the sleeps.
Im assuming that you are doing the BMW rally in August. You will absulutely love this bike but a small word of advise if your doing the rally.
Start looking now for better seat options or for someone to rebuild yours. Your 08 seat will be better than my 07 one but it is still crap for any more than 2 hours.
There are plenty of threads on this website re the GT seat so see for yourself but if you can get it sorted before you leave it will be worth it.
Im still thinking about the rally but havnt convinced myself yet. Im also really keen for a tassie trip next summer
Enjoy

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2008, 5:20 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice re the seat dadicool59. I am a bit concerned about it. Whether I can do anything will depend how close delivery is to our departure date in August.

Yeah we're doing the safari, it'll be our third and we are looking forward to it, we have always had a tremendous time on these trips. It'll be nice to get out of our winter for a while. I reckon there is every chance the next Safari will be in Tassie probably March 2010. If you do end up down here one day let us know. Gotta go and drool over the top box now.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2008, 7:33 am
Enthusiast

Your time is drawing near now!

I have 13,000+ on the stock seat, works for me, just make sure you wear proper pants under the mesh. Blue jean shorts are out or anything with big seams.

12 Super Tenere 1200 (coming soon)
10 MTS1200 standard (riding)
09 Monster 696 (wife's ride)
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 2008, 6:13 am Thread Starter

Finally got the bike yesterday at 1600, only got to ride her home but have put just over 700k's on it today. What can I say, this is better than sex, well almost. My god what a piece of machinery and this is only the break in. The brakes are superb, the handling to die for and go jeez I can't wait to have the first service done and really open her up.

Two issues I had concerns about were the seating and the so called clunky gearbox. Neither is an issue. The seat suits me fine, the only reason I got off it was the day was getting towards dusk and the local wildlife starts coming out to play. The gearbox is sweet, all changing has been smooth, clunk free and silent.

All in all I am one very happy cookie and now really looking forward to the big trip coming up in August.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19-07-08_1016.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	8443   Click image for larger version

Name:	19-07-08_1018.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	8444  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode