Styling or what? - The new Guzzi tourer - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2005, 2:53 pm Thread Starter

Question Styling or what? - The new Guzzi tourer

I am not sure about this new Guzzi tourer, it is angular and it's hard to make a bike look good in silver, but this one seems to look "right". Not as nice as the KRS/GT for sure, but probably the best that Guzzi has done. What do you make of it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	111605guzzitop.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	689  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2005, 7:44 pm

Hard to make a bike look good in Silver?! Yeah it's much easier using some sort of Yellow and Black combo or Seafoam Green...
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2005, 7:48 pm

Mark,

I agree with Mike...many bikes and cars simply do not look good in sliver since it seems to hide the curves/angles, however, I have seen pictures of your 2005 GT and, I must say, the RS/GT body style looks marvelous in silver!

So, don't take it personal....you have a great looking bike!

As far as the Guzzi, it doesn't look like your Grandads Guzzi does it? I think it has too many chopped up fairing pieces for my taste. It just doen't flow well.

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2005, 9:53 pm
Addict

Nice pic, I'd take this over the new GT any day - as far as styling goes. Any more pictures available?
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2005, 10:24 pm
Addict

to me the guzzi tourer is ugly as shit and looks no where near as good as the new GT and certainly not the current GT. just my opinion though i'm sure there are those out there that think the guzzi looks great. to each his own, if you like it and buy it, and are happy with it more power to you.

i will say one thing bmw ought to hire whoever designs MV Augusta bikes....the new senna and the f4 tamborini look totally awesome and better than anything bmw currently has on the market. i'd drop my RS for a tamborini in a heartbeat if i could afford the 48 grand price tag. since 48 grand is beyond my finanial resources for the foreseeable future i'll have to settle for the k1200s.

ride safe
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 2005, 10:48 pm
Statmaster

Massimo Tamburini is the master artist who designed the MV Agusta F4.

He is also responsible for such classics as the Ducati 916 (also influenced the 996/998 series). IMHO, the last of the sexy Ducatis.

I sold my F4 750 a couple months ago, and every time I walk through the garage and see that it's no longer in its spot, I get depressed. I'd love to get the F4 1000, but I have resigned myself that with my size, that I just don't "fit" the MV -- envision a monkey fucking a football as my friends tell me.

I look at the Pierre Terblanche designs at Ducati (999, multistrada) and my stomach turns. I look at David Robb's work, and go ugh! And then there are the absolutely uninspired designs coming from Japan. There something the Italians do right, and that is this motorcycle (at least from a design standpoint). And Massimo Tamburini is the best out there.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 2:24 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htheater
Mark,

I agree with Mike...many bikes and cars simply do not look good in sliver since it seems to hide the curves/angles, however, I have seen pictures of your 2005 GT and, I must say, the RS/GT body style looks marvelous in silver!

As far as the Guzzi, it doesn't look like your Grandads Guzzi does it? I think it has too many chopped up fairing pieces for my taste. It just doen't flow well.

Randy
Mark, did mean to offend, I have a silver Audi A4 and the lines look great, but it is a color that either enhances the design, or if not excellent, becomes the worse color for that design. Have a look at the A4 Silver versus the current Toyota Camry or Honda Accord if you want to see my point. Maybe it something to do with the "metalwork transparency" feel of a silver color.

I love the shape of my KRS and am going to keep it!
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 6:58 pm
Veteran

That's the best looking Guz I've ever seen... About time they do something visually correct... Trash the Harley-ish mirrors and it's a keeper... Much better looking than the new GT, me thinks... Sexy..! Thx for posting the pic.. Had not seen that..

Jerry D. Finley ("Danger" is my middle name)
"I speed, therefore I am. "

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 10:05 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by htheater
Mark,

I have seen pictures of your 2005 GT and, I must say, the RS/GT body style looks marvelous in silver!

Randy
Thanks.

I think how a bike or car etc.. looks in Silver or any other colour has a lot to do with the quality of the paint job and BMW does excellent work.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old Nov 20th, 2005, 10:22 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeodial
Mark, did mean to offend
I thought so

On a more serious note, I'm sure you didn't mean to offend anyone, you were just expressing your opinion. However, you stated your opinion like it was fact...that's what got my back up. I don't happen to share your opinion regarding Silver bikes being hard to make look good or the lines being easily hidden etc. (if anything I think the darker colours would hide the lines) but that's what makes us individuals.

In my hasty and somewhat unthinking response I may have offended owners of Yellow/Black and Seafoam Green bikes, if so I apologize. I happen to prefer the looks of the GT/RS in other colours, but whatever the colour, it's still a great looking bike. Now back to the discussion regarding the Guzzi...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode