help please - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2008, 6:37 pm Thread Starter

help please

Me and my butter finger I was checking oil level from underneagh the seat I don;t know what happened but the little plastic filter fell in , called the dealer here in Canada does not believe me, do you think I can still ride the bike till I get it looked after, plese give me advice,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2008, 7:28 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvano
Me and my butter finger I was checking oil level from underneagh the seat I don;t know what happened but the little plastic filter fell in , called the dealer here in Canada does not believe me, do you think I can still ride the bike till I get it looked after, plese give me advice,
Can you get the filter out with needle nose?

Guy Howard
K12LT 05 (sold)
K12GT 07 - build 12/06 BMSK-P ECU (ASC retrofit), V.3 airbox, new o2 sensor @18k, PowerFrk module @25k
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2008, 8:46 pm
Veteran

That little plastic basket ball hoop looking thingy? Yes, ride it. Shouldn't hurt anything. How the hell did you manage that though? It shouldn't fit through the hole?

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 7th, 2008, 11:46 pm
Addict

I have seen a few posts of people doing the same thing, some fish it out with long nose pliers out and some ride it. You could drain the tank, pull it up to the opening with a coat hanger, and then grab it with long nose pliers. If it was mine, I would want it out of there. My concern would be that it could get sucked into that large hose at the bottom of the tank. It may be to big to go into that hose, but every time I cranked the bike I would think about that damn basket.

This is the first time that I have heard of it happening when checking the oil, it usually happens when a funnel is placed in the oil tank opening and then bumped with the oil bottle. There have been a few owners that have totally removed the basket, but I can't figure out how to remove it, without taking a chance of it going to the bottom.

James
Central Texas
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2008, 2:53 pm
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM
There have been a few owners that have totally removed the basket, but I can't figure out how to remove it, without taking a chance of it going to the bottom.
If you gently pull up on the basket you'll see three fingers that need to be depressed to remove it. Break the fingers off and set it back down. I remove it for oil changes, the oil goes in much faster without fear of overflow.

My next thought is, "How the hell did the basket go down into the oil tank?"

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 8th, 2008, 3:06 pm Thread Starter

ahhh

hell do I know but this morning went to bwm Canada they were great to my surprise, took one look,and said they would replace the tank, now I told them to rip that piece out before they put it back together, they also said that it was safe to ride with it in,thats when I told them to give it to me on paper, not, buy the way I am the first to ever report this anywhere, now need to wait for the piece to come from the mother land,
I want to say thanks too all the people that responed, so next time you check the oil think of me,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode