Cee Bailey's Seats????? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2008, 1:39 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Cee Bailey's Seats?????

Ok... In search for a better seat... I have got to ask the question??

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE CEE BAILEY SEATS??

I original seat on my '07 GT was absolutely horrible. Than I bought a Bill Mayer saddle and was sadly disappointed with that!! I sold it as fast as I could, and I should add that I took a royal beating on it. Now I have the second gen OEM seat. It is ok, but not great.

I put 60k miles on a Corbin that was on my '98 RS. But I won't buy another one because they are lower than the OEM seat. And the fact that they are $1,000 bucks!!!

That is just ridiculous......... I know... Spend $20k on a bike and @itch about $1k on a seat. It's just the point. The seat is priced ridiculously high and I refuse... You would think Corbin is owned by Exxon, Mobile, or BP???

So.. Anyone got any advice?

http://www.ceebaileys.com/seats/seatservmain.html

The pricing seems reasonable... Well relatively speaking......

Pricing*
Solo: $350.00 vinyl $450.00 Leather (+ refundable core charge $200.00)
Dual: $425.00 vinyl $499.00 Leather (+ refundable core charge $300.00)
Add with your seat recushioning: Rider Seat Heater Option $135.00 (includes all hardware and installation instructions for power up)
Custom seat cover designs or logos will be quoted on request.

Sincerely,

Bud Nash
Bowling Green, KY (Not Whitehouse, I moved)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2008, 2:10 pm
IBR# 366

I don't know anything about Corbin, other than that their seats are generally rock hard (which some like and some don't).

Some folks here like the Sargent seats. I believe those are based on the older, shorter '06 seat pan so you'd probably have to buy both front and rear for your '07 (unless you already have the early '06 seats).

There's also Wunderlich seats, which some European riders have tried.

I'm curious abut your Mayer saddle though. I had Rocky do mine the day I picked up the bike and I'm still happy with it a year and 43K later.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2008, 3:56 am
Addict

I asked the same question some time back and didnt get any responces.
I emailed Cee Bailey and despite their website saying otherwise, they said that they didnt have any blanks and would need me to send my seat for them to re-work.
From memory they wanted 3 weeks to turn it around plus the shipping time.
Given that Im in Australia, I didnt want to be without the the bike for that long so didnt proceed.
Im sure their work is very good, I have one of their screens and Im very happy with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2008, 9:51 am
Enthusiast

Cee Bailey's seats

Bud
I have heard positive and no so positive things about C.B seats just like you hear about all seats or aftermarket pieces and parts. The cost factor is certainly better than some seats out there. The Corbin IMHO is outrageously priced as stated. You might have to send the C.B. seat back to have some modifications done if it does not fit just right but that can happen with any seat. You may want to try to take your seat to a upholstery shop that does M/C seats. I have had some luck with this approach. In my case I would probably give them a try because I only live 20 miles from their office, but you on the other hand, would be dealing with shipping the seat back and forth for modifications.

P.S. I will say one thing about C.B. Their windshields and bag liners are great. I have been using a C.B. windscreen on my bike for 4 yrs. now and I have no complaints whatsoever.

'05 R1200RT, Ruby, as in RED, (current garage queen)
'04 R1150RT, '99 Ducati 748 BiPosto, '93 Seca II, '93 K1100RS, '83 Yamaha Maxim 750,

Last edited by keithb; May 18th, 2008 at 9:57 am.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2008, 2:24 pm
IBR# 366

Sorry, I just noticed that the original question referred to Cee Bailey seats, not Corbin. I don't know much about the CB seats, but I like their bag liners. Their windshield was great on my LT, but just OK on the GT.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 2008, 11:13 pm

I bought an 07 Gt with the Bill Mayer seat already on it. It is the worst seat I have ever had. I have owned many motorcycles in my years, and this seat is pure agony after less than a half hour of riding. I'm going to Seattle on June 5th to get a Rich's Custom Seat made. I have a friend that has one and he swears by it. They are about 80% of the cost of a Corbin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode