BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Acceleration

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  BeniciaRT 
#1 ·
I know we motorcyclists don't normally compare bikes on 0-60mph basis, but out of curiosity, I was wondering if anyone had ever seen that documented/posted or has measured it themselves accurately?
Mack

#2 ·
I don't have a answer for this. I do know when I can go from 0 - 60 and still be in first gear, I'm usually busy looking down the road to see what is coming before I hit second. It is a real hoot to get on the gas. ;) For a big old girl, this bike will git up and gooooo.

#3 ·
slowflyn said:
I don't have a answer for this. I do know when I can go from 0 - 60 and still be in first gear, I'm usually busy looking down the road to see what is coming before I hit second. It is a real hoot to get on the gas. ;) For a big old girl, this bike will git up and gooooo.
0-60 in under 3 seconds per the magazines is the real deal on the KR - even for a ham fisted rider like me.

And you can hit 100 in second if you don't mind bouncing off the rev limiter.

#6 ·
The stats I have apparently came from a british test. Others I got directly from BMW's site. I got them over a year and a half ago for a car show/air show I put her in, but these should work for you:

Motorcycle:

Dry weight: 549 lbs.

Maximum weight: 1393 lbs.

Useful Load: 844 lbs.

Engine:

Weight: 179lbs.

Horsepower: 152@9500 rpm

Torque: 95 ft/lbs. @7750 rpm

Avg. mpg. 48-52

Performance:

0-62 mph 3.1 seconds

¼ mile: 11.30 sec. at 124 mph

Top speed: 160+ mph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.