Help fast - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2008, 11:17 am Thread Starter
Noob

Help fast

I was just trying to remove oil from my over filled 06 gt when the turkey baster I was using pushed the small crosshair shaped dipp stick guide into the oil tank. Its gone. I want to ride but am afraid to do damage. Are ther any moving parts in there or will this just float around harmlessly.Thanks in advance. Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2008, 11:24 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
I was just trying to remove oil from my over filled 06 gt when the turkey baster I was using pushed the small crosshair shaped dipp stick guide into the oil tank. Its gone. I want to ride but am afraid to do damage. Are ther any moving parts in there or will this just float around harmlessly.Thanks in advance. Jason
Turkey Baster? ! Seriously!?

What ever happened to removing the plastic tube and letting it drain?

You are not alone though, several guys here have had the same thing happen, though not with a turkey baster....at least that they will admit to. You are fine to ride it, though at some point you really should get it removed.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2008, 11:38 am Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks Robert, The dealer over filled it and said it would probably be fine. I love that. Then it was their suggestion to use the baister.Thanks for the responce.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2008, 12:57 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks Robert, The dealer over filled it and said it would probably be fine. I love that. Then it was their suggestion to use the baister.Thanks for the responce.
Next thing we'll hear is the dealer recommended drilling a hole in the bottom of the tank. Just kidding.

Guy Howard
K12LT 05 (sold)
K12GT 07 - build 12/06 BMSK-P ECU (ASC retrofit), V.3 airbox, new o2 sensor @18k, PowerFrk module @25k
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2008, 7:03 am

Your #2

Quote:

It happened to me 2 weeks ago, the dealer I brought the bike to bmw Canada, they replaced it under warranty, They also said that it would not be a problem, but I had them change it anyway, for piece of mind. but what I think they've done was just removed the basket from inside. they did take the reservoir off though to do it,
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2008, 5:57 pm

The things people admit when on the net is amazing
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2008, 6:29 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfjohn
The things people admit when on the net is amazing
And in real life too!

I'm actually confused by your point, so before I make another comment based on an assumption, would do me a favor and explain what you mean?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2008, 8:51 pm
Lieu

Hey - Lighten up fellas. The stupid ideas we try are how we solve problems that no one else has solved before. Of course there is a cost associated with trial and error! But I would rather have a guy try to do something by himself and make a mistake but learn about the bike from it, rather than run off to the dealership for every freakin' maintenance issue.

Just my $.02

Ken
Elgin, IL

2007 BMW K1200 GT
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCSE2 (totaled)
2005 Honda ST1300 (traded-in)
2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate (sold)
1997 Honda Valkyrie Standard (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode