Another Aeroflow question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2008, 11:21 am Thread Starter

Another Aeroflow question

All, In my ongoing quest to reduce the buffeting to my head, I'm looking at the Areoflow system. Since they are not answering my emails, I'm going to you for help.

I have the Big Mak shelf on my '07 GT, will I be able to keep it with the AF?
I like to have a bit of air on me going thru towns, will I still get some air at slower speeds?

Thanks for any help!

Rob Lessen
Arma, Ks

'73 Honda XL250
'91 R100GSPD
'07 K12GT
'07 R12RT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2008, 11:34 am
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostnks
All, In my ongoing quest to reduce the buffeting to my head, I'm looking at the Areoflow system. Since they are not answering my emails, I'm going to you for help.

I have the Big Mak shelf on my '07 GT, will I be able to keep it with the AF?
I like to have a bit of air on me going thru towns, will I still get some air at slower speeds?

Thanks for any help!

Rob Lessen
Arma, Ks

'73 Honda XL250
'91 R100GSPD
'07 K12GT
'07 R12RT
Rob, I really don't know about the Big Mak. But you can have all the air you want. I have the tall Aero and I can lower it enough to get full air in the face. I find it just about perfect for adjustability.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2008, 11:43 am
Veteran

You lose the top black portion of the GT dash in favor of their second screen. Dunno if the BigMac shelf will still work. Might be better to call them since so many companies filter and sometime dispose of their emails.

Mack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2008, 12:22 pm Thread Starter

Areoflow CS

Thanks for the info. I'm getting nervous about the customer service of the company. Won't reply to inquiries.

My hours are so that I have a hard time reaching anyone by phone.

Thanks again for the air issue.

Rob
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2008, 1:08 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostnks
Thanks for the info. I'm getting nervous about the customer service of the company. Won't reply to inquiries.
Rob
I will add that Aeroflow isn't in the top 10 for customer service. Same for Cee-Bailey (Gave me a thinner shield after the first thick one snapped in a knock-over). Cee-Bailey is about the same for not responding to product emails other than "Buy it." "Bit it" email goes in their dumper.

Back OT, my old Aeroflow on the RT developed cracks all around the mounting holes while I was riding through Sequoia National Park on a cool evening. I was bewildered as to why all the cracks started and I could watch them spread. Anyway, a call to them amounted to "Wanna buy another?" (They had a plethora of excuses: Excessive speed, temperature extremes, over or under-tightening, and the infamous "Must'a had Lock-Tight on the threads."

Seems the norm for most aftermarket stuff these days. You buy it, you bought it.

Mack
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2008, 4:40 pm
IBR# 366

Aeroflow's laminar flow plate mounts to the same screws as the Big Mak shelf. I _think_ they can work together, but haven't yet found anyone who's actually attached both at the same time.

As for Aeroflow itself, they're just a small company run by enthusiasts. If you call, you'll probably get the owner's wife if not Paige himself. But they generally do take care of their customers, albeit a bit slowly at times.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode