Position for headset leads? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2008, 9:42 pm Thread Starter
Lieu

Question Position for headset leads?

Wondering what you guys have come up with for locating the headset lead connectors for your Autocom (or whatever brand you are using)? I am not planning on using a tank bag. I suppose I could just have it feed out from under the seat, but I was interested in getting a cleaner looking option. Any brilliant ideas out there?

Ken
Elgin, IL

2007 BMW K1200 GT
2006 Harley Davidson VRSCSE2 (totaled)
2005 Honda ST1300 (traded-in)
2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate (sold)
1997 Honda Valkyrie Standard (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2008, 9:46 pm
Strafist

Mine's under the seat. I run it up one of them sock like paint protectors on the bottom strap of the tank bag. That places it right in the middle just exiting the front of the seat.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2008, 11:21 pm

For my Autocom unit, I put it under the seat (hardwired from the battery) and ran the leads under a handy gap between the seat and frame rail, roughly between rider and pillion. I found that the lead to my headset was a perfect length to run under my left arm, up the front of my shoulder to the helmet. This worked well because the wind would pin the cord to my shoulder and it wouldn't flap around. When we weren't using the intercom, the leads would just all coil up and squeeze in under the seat. It was actually a pretty clean setup, and no tankbag required.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2008, 12:36 am
Veteran

I use the in-ear phones by Westone. They have the standard 1/8" stereo mini plug at the end of a twisted-wire pair (which I really like by the way!). I'm not using the mike portion of the Autocom.

I took the Zumo lead, and radar detector lead, back to the Pro-AVI under the seat near the tool area. Then I used their headset lead that has the mini-stereo jack on it and plugged in a 6' gold connector shielded lead back up to to a screw under the Zumo mount that has the jack end on it (a Radio Shack extension cord). The jack end of the cord is held in place with a small nylon wire clamp.

Makes it real easy to plug the lead in as it almost at the spot the Zumo is, but under it and out of the rain. I'm not using a tank bag as I find it more of a pain to carry around than tossing whatever it had in it into the trunk.

So far so good.

Mack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode