Update on 2007 K1200GT on the road - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 1:19 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Update on 2007 K1200GT on the road

hi, Love the K!!! @ weeks ago , i left Seattle at 6AM, took I-5 down to Bakersfield, then over to 395, down to the 215, then on to 10 to Palm desert. I had some business there, so thought it might be kinda fun to see how the K did. i made it in 2 days- avg speed, 67MPH/47MPG by bike computer.
did my work, came back the same way , did it in 2 days about the same numbers---- now before all you "twistie" fanatics get after me, i was going to take 395 to Reno coming back , then up to Susanville, then to Bend , to Central Wa. then Seattle-- but there was a storm front all along the west side of the Sierra -so i chickened out....
Anyway the point to all this is, i have had absolutely no problems with this bike and think it is one of the best built ,engineered bikes out there.
Anyway , my $0.02 worth
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 7:49 am
Enthusiast

Only problem I can see with it is trying to get back home before wearing out the tires so I can do my own tire change, ha.

John Day, Or come July, wifey even bought a new camera for the animals in Jellystone!

12 Super Tenere 1200 (coming soon)
10 MTS1200 standard (riding)
09 Monster 696 (wife's ride)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode