Conti Road Attack tires - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2008, 9:05 am Thread Starter
Addict

Thumbs down Conti Road Attack tires

I had high hopes for these things, but the rear is shot after just 4500 mi. The front still looks good. They never gave me the confidence the Metzler's did. A Dunlop RoadSmart is going on today.

Doug Turner
'86 Concours
'99 K1200LT - gone
'06 K1200GT - the new kid in town
'08 Wing - gone
Marshall, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2008, 9:57 am
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsdad
I had high hopes for these things, but the rear is shot after just 4500 mi. The front still looks good. They never gave me the confidence the Metzler's did. A Dunlop RoadSmart is going on today.
After 4k on my Roadsmarts I can't see a flat spot, and turns are still neutral.
And I'm a commuter type.

Guy Howard
K12LT 05 (sold)
K12GT 07 - build 12/06 BMSK-P ECU (ASC retrofit), V.3 airbox, new o2 sensor @18k, PowerFrk module @25k
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2008, 10:10 am Thread Starter
Addict

Oh....I love to hear that. I commute 66 miles roundtrip - all highway.

I saw Grif's PR2's this weekend. I could see very little wear, if any, after 7500 mi. I would've gone that route if I could've found 'em.

Doug Turner
'86 Concours
'99 K1200LT - gone
'08 Wing - gone
Marshall, TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2008, 10:34 am
Strafist

Quote:
Oh....I love to hear that. I commute 66 miles roundtrip - all highway.

I saw Grif's PR2's this weekend. I could see very little wear, if any, after 7500 mi. I would've gone that route if I could've found 'em.
My commute is about 116 miles round trip- if I go the back way- which is two lane, country roads till that last blast down IH10.

It's exactly 100 miles round trip if I slab it all the way and am in the mood for combat commuting. Them asshats in the left lane going below the speed limit...grrrrrrr. Reckon you can guess which way I went this morning.

Hey Doug, I have a set of PR2's in my moto closet if you want them. Just replace them. You know we're having a tech session at my casa Saturday.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2008, 11:40 am
Veteran

My first set of PR2's.....after many other trials and tribulations over the years.....Z6's, BT's, Contis, Dunlops.....etc....

I made it down to Tejas on the PR2's thinking it was going to be a close call on mileage. But truthfully I could have put at least another 750 to 1000 or so miles on them. However at the time I thought it best to play it safe and set up a change. I now have 6500 + miles on them and they have been great. I've ridden them through everything imaginable. Snow, torrential rain, dirt, heat, scraping pegs on the corners, fast, slow, slab, mountains, 2 up loaded, hard.... yada yada yada.....no problems what so ever.

For me being able to get 7500 or so miles out of a tire is a first. Never ever before on any bike, with any tires have I gotten more than 4500 - 5000 miles.

Worth the extra $$$ ? Absofreakinglutely! Until some one comes out with something better, the PR2's will be my tires of choice.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2008, 1:07 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Interesting. I just helped a friend mount his on his R1150RT and noticed the front was made in Korea, the rear made in Germany. Maybe the Germans use softer rubber? :-)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2008, 1:26 pm

Thumbs up PR2s

I replaced the OEM bridgestones with PR2s at the 6,000 mile service in mid May. At almost 9,000 miles now and the tires still look like I put them on yesterday (ok, maybe a hint of scalloping?).

The ride is like a new bike since the change - no way I'll go anything but PR2 from now on.

-----
His: 2012 K1600GT
Hers: 2008 Buell Blast (for sale) & 2009 Ducati Monster 696

Last edited by amzarinelli; Jun 10th, 2008 at 1:27 pm. Reason: fat fingers
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2008, 2:59 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots

Hey Doug, I have a set of PR2's in my moto closet if you want them. Just replace them. You know we're having a tech session at my casa Saturday.
Thanks for the offer, but I had the Dunlop sitting there just waiting to be put on. I knew I was going to have to replace the Conti soon, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

I wish i could make the session, but I'm heading outta town this weekend - another deciding factor in replacing the tire this week. She's down at Alamo BMW gettin re-shoed now.

Doug Turner
'86 Concours
'99 K1200LT - gone
'08 Wing - gone
Marshall, TX
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 2008, 3:33 pm
Addict

I don't get more than 2k per rear tire. Be glad.

Gravity

2007 K1200 Sport -- Ev0 Filter x 2 -- Fire Breathing Dragon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode