Tail light assembly install - help - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 2008, 9:13 pm Thread Starter

Tail light assembly install - help

Installed my Kisan brake light bulbs tonight. Went to reinstall the tail light assembly and it's all loose. The top post/grommet goes together but seems really loose. Even with the screws tightened on the bottom the whole assembly is loose and wobbles. The housing is not flush all the way around either (by the blinkers).

Did I miss something? I took it off/reinstalled it about 5 times, trying to find what I missed. It was snug as a bug when I first disassembled it, took some effort to pull apart. All the rubber and posts are fine, nothing is interfereing with the housing, screws are good.

Please, help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2008, 7:45 am

Same issue for me, but I noticed the taillight assembly was wobbly before I removed it to install the Kisan. I'm thinking it's TADT (they all do that), because I remember reading similar posts on this site or others.

I'm getting the flashing yellow lamp warning when I apply the brakes right after startup, but it goes away after a few seconds. Andy at Kisan explained it as resulting from diminshed battery voltage after cranking , but said it is of no concern.

I'm going in for the 12k service on Monday, so I'll ask the tech about both issues and report back if I hear anything different.

Bud
2006 K1200GT - Graphite
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2008, 10:46 am
Strafist

It's wobbly.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2008, 6:27 pm Thread Starter

600 mile break-in service tomorrow am. I'll ask the techs.

I knew I wasn't crazy!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2008, 6:29 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc916
Same issue for me, but I noticed the taillight assembly was wobbly before I removed it to install the Kisan. I'm thinking it's TADT (they all do that), because I remember reading similar posts on this site or others.

I'm getting the flashing yellow lamp warning when I apply the brakes right after startup, but it goes away after a few seconds. Andy at Kisan explained it as resulting from diminshed battery voltage after cranking , but said it is of no concern.

I'm going in for the 12k service on Monday, so I'll ask the tech about both issues and report back if I hear anything different.

They had a note in with my install instructions. Here's my post in another thread about my Kisans.

Installed, worked okay. Rode all day (300 miles). Don't work okay.

After the install they were flawless. After a couple hours I noticed I only got the flashy triangle thingy intermittently. At one stop light I applied the brakes and didn't see the yellow triangle warning. At the light I turned around and looked at the lens - no flash. The tail light was fine, brake light came on solid. Weird.

Also, after one fuel stop I got the lamp warning on the tail light. No lights, no brake lights. Key off, then back on fixed the problem.

It appears the Tail Blazers work fine at startup, then during the ride stop flashing, or only flash a couple times, then come on solid. I have no earthly idea what the don't work all the time, or not work all the time.

Intermittent problems are the worst.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? Frye? Frye?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2008, 6:38 pm
Veteran

It appears the Kisan Tail Blazers aren't quite ready for prime time with the BMW Canbus?

Mack
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2008, 6:46 pm
Rookie

Question Kisan

Just ordered the pair... anyone know if they accept returns if used??
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 12th, 2008, 9:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkingedout
Just ordered the pair... anyone know if they accept returns if used??
They don't accept returns for cash. Call their customer service and tell them about the problem. They'll send you another set, just like they did for me.

Mike
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 9:50 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
They don't accept returns for cash. Call their customer service and tell them about the problem. They'll send you another set, just like they did for me.

Mike

Are the second set any better?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2008, 3:07 pm
Rookie

Question Kisan

ditto: how is the 2nd set?????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode