I want to buy Corbin seats - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 7:30 am Thread Starter
Addict

I want to buy Corbin seats

I am well aware about their reputation and so on. Want to try the seats. From their long list of EU dealers only one replied saying that can deliver in 10 weeks. Canīt wait that long. Corbin USA is not answering e-mails. Anybody can help?
Thanks a lot.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner

Last edited by Doru-in-Romania; Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:51 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 10:07 am
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doru-in-Romania
I am well aware about their reputation and so on. ................................ Corbin USA is not answering e-mails.
You admit to knowing that they have a lousy reputation.

They prove to you that their reputation is justified by
ignoring your emails.

And still, you want to do business with them.

Yep, this one I gotta watch.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 11:21 am
Rookie

Quote:
I am well aware about their reputation and so on. Want to try the seats. From their long list of EU dealers only one replied saying that can deliver in 10 weeks. Canīt wait that long. Corbin USA is not answering e-mails. Anybody can help?
Thanks a lot.
Hi Doru, I do not have a Corbin product but have been thinking on getting one my self. I have read in this site or on http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/cmps_index.php site on the GT section about those problems but by calling on the phone to the manufactor is lot better. Do a search and will find good info. I like the back sit box with the replacement sit combo. Good luck and hope that others with experience will help you with good info.
http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showth...ghlight=corbin

2008 K1200GT Adventurine Silver
2007 K1200LT (gone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 2:33 pm
Noob

Corbin Florida

Doru,
I'm a happy user of Corbin seats. I'm lucky once they are at a reasonable riding distance from home here in Florida and went to visit them and order my seats tailor made.
I just called them for you at their 800 number and talked to Bryan, one of the salesman and explained your situation. You can e-mail him directly at:
[email protected]
Let me know how it goes....
AndrewE
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 3:03 pm
Would rather be riding

Corbin USA and email - forget it

Quote:
From their long list of EU dealers only one replied saying that can deliver in 10 weeks. Canīt wait that long. Corbin USA is not answering e-mails. Anybody can help?
I live about an hour from the Corbin factory in Hollister, CA. They don't answer my emails either. They're great on the phone though -- give them a call and you'll get just what you want when you want it. +1-831-634-1100 will get you there.

I'm a very happy Corbin customer, got riders + passengers + smuggler for my GT. The ride-in fitting is a big part of why I'm happy though -- they adjusted my seat to fit my ass. At 6'2" 245lbs the stock GT seat wasn't bad (good height), but the little wing things on the side were a bit too narrow. They cut them down a little for me, but that was the only change to the driver's seat.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 8:52 pm
Rookie

Now that was nice!!! thanks for the info and help for our brother in Rumania

2008 K1200GT Adventurine Silver
2007 K1200LT (gone)
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 2008, 10:29 pm Thread Starter
Addict

thanks everybody, really appreciate your help, e-mailed again to corbin01 and bryan, will keep you posted. i leave on june 28 or 29 to the passes in the alps - stelvio, timmelsjoch, then to garmisch for annual bmw biker meeting, then to south of france - nice, cannes, monaco...coming back on mid july. need the damn seats fast. will be on about same route with easyman but a bit different timing.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1

Last edited by Doru-in-Romania; Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:34 pm.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2008, 2:41 pm Thread Starter
Addict

talked with bryan, they do not take any kind of credit card or paypal, wire transfer only or check. can't do until monday so i won't have the seats on time. that's it.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2008, 3:18 pm
Would rather be riding

I used VISA

Quote:
talked with bryan, they do not take any kind of credit card or paypal, wire transfer only or check. can't do until monday so i won't have the seats on time. that's it.
Huh, that's interesting. I used a VISA both to preorder my smuggler (had to prepay because it is painted to match) and to pay for the seats at my ride in. Maybe something to do with the bank? Or maybe they're just paranoid about chargebacks.

I had a similar problem trying to buy a helmet from a UK company. They wouldn't take my VISA, even though I routinely use it when I travel to foreign countries. They said they couldn't confirm the shipping address or something like that. Happily they took Paypal instead.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 2008, 3:37 pm Thread Starter
Addict

i don't know, he said this is the policy for international orders. i currently use my credit cards or paypal for all kind of international payments. maybe they had some bad experiences.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode