GT over view on US site - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 3:02 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Cool GT over view on US site

The new GT info is now listed in the News category on the US site now. The description overview does states that xenon lighting will be an available option.

You can find it here: http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/news?aid=3

Click on "K 1200 GT" and then on the picture of the GT for the Pop Up page with some photos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:46 pm

Dwight,

Thanks for the heads-up on the U.S. site. That's way before (and so close on the heels of the intro in Italy) I figured it would make it into BMWUSA.

I know of two dealers here in the U.S. that are clamoring to get their hands on the new GT. In both instances, the current GT sold quite well at these dealerships; except for the ones that came late w/o the heated seat and cruise control.

One off the cuff remark that was interesting: "they give us K-S's, K-R's and HP2's, but the GT is a bread-and-butter bike for us." Maybe that's why it's on the U.S. website and an example will start making the rounds of the Cycle World shows beginning just next month in Long Beach.

It's (the new GT) still interesting and going to get better - at least on this forum!

Thanks again,

Miles
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 27th, 2005, 12:32 pm
There's a pill for everything

Detroit Motorcycle show

Jan 6-8 with out the new bikes!!!!!!!

1 week later the InterNational Auto Show will be held at Cobo Hall Downtown Detroit and guess what will be there??

The new bikes!!!

BMW really lacks marketing savvy, 'cause they have none!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2005, 12:34 pm

At the Cycle World motorcycle show in San Jose, Ca. Dec 16,17 and 18 you will see the new K1200GT and perhaps the new R1200GS ADV.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 2005, 12:58 pm

It also mentioned onboard oil level display (very nice) and automatic cruise control. Shaping up to be a nice retirement present to myself if I can wait that long. (~ 6 years)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 3:45 pm

K1200R Owner-Tempted by the GT

I am coming to appreciate the fairing lines of this design. Unlike many who don't care for Robb designs, he always seems to get me just right. While initially I didn't care for the photo version of this bike, I am getting to like it more and more as various angles and colors are shown.

So, anyone seen or heard about the important numbers? Rake, trail, lock to lock radius, tire sizes, brake disc and pad sizes, ergos- reach, leg rise, stepover height?

I can imagine that as the K1200R changed somewhat from the K1200S thaty this will also have some engineered differences. Perhaps brake rotors and pads won't change - that was a stretch.

Anyway, keep the info and ideas coming.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 5:32 pm
Enthusiast

Cool k1200gt

next friday here in long beach we will get to see it and get all the info

WOOLF
99 R1100S BLACK
02K1200RS BLACK
Iron Butt Member

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode