Aeroflow winglets - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 4:22 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Aeroflow winglets

I have installed the Aeroflow screen with better than expected results. It was not the wind that was bothering me but the turbulence. OEM screen is a disgrace for such a bike. Anyway, I also installed those winglets, they call them Aerogards or something and found to have an adverse effect on stability especially in crossed winds. Anybody experienced this or is just in my head?

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 4:53 pm
Enthusiast

Laminar Lip

mini hijack on

Oh, you reminded me, I just installed the laminar lip which attaches to the stock windshield, great improvement over stock as far as turbulence is concerned. Leaving for Oregon next week, will let you know on the gas mileage change if any. Cheers.

http://laminarlip.com/k1200gt.php

mini hijack off

12 Super Tenere 1200 (coming soon)
10 MTS1200 standard (riding)
09 Monster 696 (wife's ride)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 6:41 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doru-in-Romania
I have installed the Aeroflow screen with better than expected results. It was not the wind that was bothering me but the turbulence. OEM screen is a disgrace for such a bike. Anyway, I also installed those winglets, they call them Aerogards or something and found to have an adverse effect on stability especially in crossed winds. Anybody experienced this or is just in my head?

I don't have the Aeroguards, but I have wondered about how the Aeroguards would effect the aerodynamics of the bike.

I know my bike tends to catch cross winds, so I would say the addition of the Aeroguards probably has not had much effect on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 11:45 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng943
I don't have the Aeroguards, but I have wondered about how the Aeroguards would effect the aerodynamics of the bike.

I know my bike tends to catch cross winds, so I would say the addition of the Aeroguards probably has not had much effect on that.
i think that somehow it does, cannot keep straight line, without them i could keep straight line riding inclinated on a side.

2010 R1200RT
2009 X6
2010 X1
former and future k owner
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 12:58 am
IBR# 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng943
No problems at all up to 150 mph or so. Oh, you meant cross winds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doru-in-Romania
i think that somehow it does, cannot keep straight line, without them i could keep straight line riding inclinated on a side.
They're easy enough to remove with four T-25 bolts and two plastic screws. So the next time you get stuck in a severe cross wind, just take them off and try a direct comparison.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode