Here It Is - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2008, 6:59 am Thread Starter

Here It Is

My thoughts of the GT.' I rode a V strom witch I believe is a great bike, I could keep up or beat most bikes out there, but had to fight like hell to do it, now the GT, got rid of all the fighting , smooth as silk. It took away all the breath taking moves I used to indoor on the Vstrom. The GT is a real touring machine. Before I got involved in BMW I waited for the new so called famous concourse . I took out one of the first bikes out there for a test ride, [right of the create] watched the dealer who is a good friend of mine put it together,rough up the tires and handed it over to me, Went home to show the better half, told her to hopp on and away we went,thought this was the bike I wanted, till I got this massive heat from the rad, so went to plan B [GT] I have had the bike since Sept. been able to put on 17,000 miles part time, I've read people complain about every thing obout this bike, but when it comes to comfort, wind isuses , or handling , I believe these are the people that no manufacture can please, What part of the conversation is it that you don't understand, that you own the best sport tour ever built,Now for the wind issue what do you exspect doing 100 miles plus, if wind noise is a problem stick to 50 miles per hour I guaranty you will be able to hear your music, your passenger be hind you, and you will not require ear buds of any kind, So lets talk positive, if problem does come up lets talk about how we can fix it not make it worst,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2008, 9:30 am

Well said!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2008, 4:12 pm
IBR# 366

Glad you found a bike that you love, and that you have the time to ride it.

But understand, not every bike is perfect, and no bike is perfect for everybody. And not all complaints are negative. Few people come here just to say "Hey the GT is a great bike and I love it." Many more folks come to say that the GT is great, except for this one little thing. Or "how did you solve this problem?" That's the beauty and the power of the internet, in that you have access to thousands of folks that understand your issues and may have already found workable solutions.

For instance, I want my GT to be just as comfortable and reasonably quiet at 100 mph as at 50. Sure there are some physical limitations, but with the right setup this is possible. So we come here for advice, or to share what works for us so that others may benefit. That's not just random complaining, but rather making use of our little community to make things just a bit better.

Nothing wrong with that, now is there?

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2008, 5:09 pm

Thumbs up +1

Yeah...what Ken said!!!!!

There are gonna be whiners anywhere you go on one of these forums. Just like there's always at least one idiot around us on the road. We just try to either put up with or stay away from him and move on.

Bill
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2008, 5:23 pm

I love my GT! I've got almost 800 miles on it now and I swear it gets smoother and smoother every time I ride it. I know it will probably take 20,000 miles to break in, but heck, that's awesome!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2008, 5:47 pm Thread Starter

here it is

The post was directed to the whiners and not to the people that have a valid constuction opinion, I think this is a great site. I have picked up so much info here. I really, got a good sense, where this bike is coming from, so I do apologize if I insulted anyone that goes out to truly bring their creative ideas and help to the cause,
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2008, 6:00 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese
Glad you found a bike that you love, and that you have the time to ride it.

But understand, not every bike is perfect, and no bike is perfect for everybody. And not all complaints are negative. Few people come here just to say "Hey the GT is a great bike and I love it." Many more folks come to say that the GT is great, except for this one little thing. Or "how did you solve this problem?" That's the beauty and the power of the internet, in that you have access to thousands of folks that understand your issues and may have already found workable solutions.

For instance, I want my GT to be just as comfortable and reasonably quiet at 100 mph as at 50. Sure there are some physical limitations, but with the right setup this is possible. So we come here for advice, or to share what works for us so that others may benefit. That's not just random complaining, but rather making use of our little community to make things just a bit better.

Nothing wrong with that, now is there?
Hey Ken I wish you where right but 100miles hr. jt is not going to happen, and if some does figure this out Im sure he would be working for BMW,.or bettter still NASA
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2008, 8:16 pm
IBR# 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvano
Hey Ken I wish you where right but 100miles hr. jt is not going to happen, and if some does figure this out Im sure he would be working for BMW,.or bettter still NASA
Wanna bet? The Aeroflow windshield / AeroGard combo has made a huge difference for me, even at elevated speeds. And it has been road-tested to 150 mph for extended periods, although you do get a bit more wind noise at those speeds.

Besides, I usually have the iPod cranked up so a little more wind noise isn't really an issue for me.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 26th, 2008, 10:35 pm Thread Starter

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese
Wanna bet? The Aeroflow windshield / AeroGard combo has made a huge difference for me, even at elevated speeds. And it has been road-tested to 150 mph for extended periods, although you do get a bit more wind noise at those speeds.

Besides, I usually have the iPod cranked up so a little more wind noise isn't really an issue for me.

NASA HERE I COME
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Jun 27th, 2008, 8:17 am

My KGT runs better than you spell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode