AirHawk? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2008, 3:56 am Thread Starter
Rookie

AirHawk?

I find the standard seat on my 07GT comfortable for travelling in the UK.

Next month I am going to Spain, and doing far bigger mileages, and am considering an AirHawk seat pad, mainly as an insurance.

Anyone got any experience of an AirHawk on a GT?

Many thanks

Mike

It's not where you go that counts, it's how you get there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 2008, 4:55 am

air hawk

I have one for my '06 GT. It is a wonderful thing. After using it I purchased one for my chair in my computer room. I am sitting on it now...wonderful!! Especially if you have no "meat on your ass" like me.

Mr. Pete--->
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2008, 8:14 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for that.

Is there any advantage in buying Neoprene over plastic bearing in mind the Neo is twice the price?

Cheers

Mike

It's not where you go that counts, it's how you get there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2008, 9:56 am
Veteran

My two-cent entry.

Buddy had one on his Gold Wing. It went flat twice around the valve. The first time they replaced it free. The second time it went flat they didn't.

He's since had the seat replaced, which is what he should have done in the first place. He called it a Band-Aid fix for a lousy seat. Just why a Gold Wing would be uncomfortable is beyond me. He said it was the Gold Whiner within him.

His remarks now was he should have rode around on some shipping bubble-plastic to see if it helped matters or not. Would have been cheaper.

Mack
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2008, 10:26 am
Noob

Hi Mike, you must have been typing that question just as I was getting my old Airhawk out of the shed. I am off to Austria in 3 weeks and will do about 3000 miles in six days so I thought I would try it out. Had bought it for the GS and it certainly made a difference doing big distances on that.
I think that the lord mad us into two types, those that had sensitive rears and those that had cast iron rears, I cant make up my mind which I am, because I sometimes can ride hundreds of miles with out an ache and another time it complains under a hundred.
So to be on the safe side its on the bike and being tested out. It certainly fits better on the GT seat and does not slide around as it could do on the GS. I have found today that it needs even less air in it on the GT as when you accelerate quick you can rock backwards and forward on the air. Tommorow I`ll try it in the less inflated mode.
One thing with Airhawks that you have to get used to, is that you feel that you are sitting higher and there is a loosness between you and the bike. You can still hustle along fine but for serious hero blob destruction I would take it off.
They say that its the none movement that gets your rear acheing, mile after mile of sitting still, I believe that the airhawk constanly is moving somewhat and massages your rear.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Big bucks, little help

I found that it was not very helpful. The "try sitting on bubble wrap" comment in earlier msg was very good--not 100% equivalant, but maybe not that far off either! And certainly a big price difference!<g>

Don G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode