Newbie - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2008, 1:30 am Thread Starter

Hi All,

Thought there might have been a place to introduce myself, but it looks like it going to be here.

Am shortly to be a proud owner of a '08 GT, and look forward to riding it whenever possible.

I live in Switzerland, grew up in OZ, have Dutch parents, and speak German, go figure...This is my first BM, but have had various bikes since I was 15. First bike was XR125, which was bulletproof and went on from there.

I look forward to getting into the GT community, either here or over the pond.

Cheers,

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2008, 8:20 am

Welcome to the message boards! I got my 2008 GT last month and love it! There is a lot of great information already available here (use the search functions) and everyone is willing to help. Post pics when you get the bike - what color did you get?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2008, 9:37 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBloke
.......grew up in OZ, ....
With Dorothy & Toto?

Welcome, enjoy the bike.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2008, 9:59 am

Quote:
This is my first BM,
Tim
No wonder youre a Big Bloke....

I suggest a high colonic.

F

05LT
07GT
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2008, 10:17 am
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian
No wonder youre a Big Bloke....

I suggest a high colonic.

F

Very good indeed!

Don't take it personally BB, just a little morning humor at your expense. Really we're all quite friendly here.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2008, 10:21 am

Thumbs up Welcome

Or in your language, Willkommen.

You have joined the ranks of the insane! It will be a fun ride!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 1:29 am Thread Starter

Good Morning All,

Thanks for the unusual welcome.

Nothing wrong with my colon thank you

Insane huh? In my case, that has been confirmed for a long time lol

I have been reading through a lot previous posts, and it seems there are a lot of posts/problems regarding the EWS anntena. I rang the dealer to see if mine has had any changes done. He told me it has already been done under BMW instructions. Is there any way to check and see? The dealer is new to me, although I have heard through other sources he is respected.

The other thing is the software version. How do I check what version it is, and what are the experiences of other riders? Maybe some of the other EU riders can chip in here.

Apart from that, everything else should be ok.

@ifybricks - Anthrazit Grey is the colour I chose. I had seriously considered black, but it the end I chose this.

Why is my moniker BigBloke? Well, I was 6'5" and everyone in OZ said, 'geeze, you're a big bloke, do you play Aussie Rules?', and it sort of stuck. But that is now 6'4" with old age an all...

Cheers,

Tim

PS: BM's are like a__holes here. There is a famous stretch of road and at the top of the pass is a restaurant, and on a sunny Sun afternoon, there are probably 200-300 bikes with 80% BM's, the rest are rice burners with a few Harleys thrown in.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 5:56 am

Thumbs up Ah!

Gruezi BigBloke.

Used to live in Zurich (graduate of ETHZ); know the 'Voralpen' (and of course the real ones ) well. Yes, we used to run up the passes every week-end (Used to ride a GTR1000 around there)! Beautiful place to ride.

Welcome to the board. Mine is 'deep blue metallic', picked her up 28 November of '07 and have approximately 11,000 miles now. You'll find her to be intoxicating; the Kantonspolizei were not my friends back then

-----
His: 2012 K1600GT
Hers: 2008 Buell Blast (for sale) & 2009 Ducati Monster 696
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 9:49 am
Addict

Quote:
I have been reading through a lot previous posts, and it seems there are a lot of posts/problems regarding the EWS anntena. I rang the dealer to see if mine has had any changes done. He told me it has already been done under BMW instructions. Is there any way to check and see?
The other thing is the software version. How do I check what version it is, and what are the experiences of other riders? Maybe some of the other EU riders can chip in here.
You can find the affected serial numbers in this post.
http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14599
As for the software version, I believe that your dealer will have to hook it up to the puter and give you that info.
Welcome to the forum...enjoy the new bike.

James
Central Texas
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2008, 12:03 pm

Quote:

PS: BM's are like a__holes here. There is a famous stretch of road and at the top of the pass is a restaurant, and on a sunny Sun afternoon, there are probably 200-300 bikes with 80% BM's, the rest are rice burners with a few Harleys thrown in.
A big Welcome

Mine was registered in November 2007, no problems, except clutch squeal, due to be sorted out soon.

Please post pics of the road and all the bikes

William

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode