Why did they beat it with an ugly stick?! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 4:22 pm Thread Starter

Why did they beat it with an ugly stick?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2005, 9:49 pm

I think this is really funny. This is a post from the Sporttouring.net forum. Please note; a non-bmw owner!

It just shows you that opinions are like ass....especially when beaten to death with an ugly stick. <g>

Miles

<<totenkinder
Members

Bike(s): 2005 Tuono, 2003 R6, 2002 XR250R
Woah.. a BMW has made it out of the factory without getting beaten with the ugly stick?! I like it!>>
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2005, 11:41 pm

That light color doesn't do it for me either. The pic I've seen of the dark color (dark grey looking black) is much better.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 12:54 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjim
That light color doesn't do it for me either. The pic I've seen of the dark color (dark grey looking black) is much better.

Jim
The picture in this thread is a disaster. I keep looking for another pic in this color. If you look to the right, at the bottom of the picture, it looks like somebody, boots and all, died during the shoot.

Also, the lower fairing piece at the back near the shifter looks bent. Yow! I think that piece, as a result, is not aligned correctly.

My guess is that this picture was hurriedly put out by the BMW marketing mavens; and was one of the prototypes used for testing. Bet they wish they could have it back.

Anyone initially glancing at this picture would properly wonder what BMW had cobbled together. Any number of other pictures, most taken at the Milan show to this point seems to show closer gaps and cut-lines.

The final verdict will come as the new GT makes the rounds of the various other shows and lands in the showrooms for the first time.

Miles
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 4:59 pm

No Thanks

If that is there best I will just keep ridding my 03. I think it look's more like a Kaw-con ,more than a real motorcycle. Hell they are like 10K if I wonted that Look.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 8:01 pm
Rookie

Miles,

The photo is a press release photo that was clipped on the left side. The boots belong to the two models who were part of the photo shot. I can't post the original photo from BMW since there is a warning that the picture can only used for press releases and the fact that it is over 2meg in size. ;-)
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 8:09 pm

Fugly Flick.

Miles, you offend the lady.

I'm not in the market but the more I look the more I like it. The integration of the lines become more apparent. Has the makings of being a real GT, not a sports bike with touring pretentions (or viseahverseah) needing all sorts of aftermarket add-ons. Bet those 'bent' panels pay dividends in wind management. Please note the taillight. Magic wand or fugly flick?
Just my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P0021270.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	754   Click image for larger version

Name:	P0021247.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	755   Click image for larger version

Name:	P0021252.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	756   Click image for larger version

Name:	P0021253.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	757   Click image for larger version

Name:	P0021254.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	758  

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 10:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun
Miles, you offend the lady.

I'm not in the market but the more I look the more I like it. The integration of the lines become more apparent. Has the makings of being a real GT, not a sports bike with touring pretentions (or viseahverseah) needing all sorts of aftermarket add-ons. Bet those 'bent' panels pay dividends in wind management. Please note the taillight. Magic wand or fugly flick?
Just my opinion.
Shaun,

Hey, thanks. That's 4 1/3rd pictures that are new here (or at least to me). One thing that occurs to me is the space between the pipe and the saddlebag in the picture taken from the back of the bike. Remember the fires caused on a few of the early RS's when loading the left bag and it touched the exhaust? Also, at one point, I had this thought that maybe you could swap the small K-S fuel cell for the gallon larger GT one; but looking at that same photo enlarged, the whole tank area in front of the rider looks bigger (wider) than the K-S.

Agree, the motorcycle has a no-nonsense touring look.

Oh, yes, with the full picture, the lady does not look like a candidate for CSI Miami; but that is the first press release photo in my memory showing a model on the ground next to a motorcycle.

Well, Long Beach is just around the corner; hope we get more pictures and impressions.

Miles
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2005, 1:17 am

I really like the looks of this new K GT. I have a K RS and a R RT, this new bike appears to be a great combination of both.

Ron
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2005, 11:01 am

Funny thing is, the ivory version is the only one I would buy.

I used to have an ivory / (brown trim) cruiser and just like the color.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode