Anyone else experience hip pain? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 7:46 am Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
eng943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: , ,
Posts: 142
Anyone else experience hip pain?

Lately I feel some discomfort in my right hip while riding. Feels as though the seat is somehow putting tension on my hip joint. After my last ride a few days ago, I have had significant hip pain, to the extent that it hurts to walk.

Wondering if anyone here has a similar problem and a remedy. I'm on a Corbin seat now, but may try a Russell with the hope that some more support under my leg may reduce the presure and stress on my hips.

Otherwise I'm afraid there could be a plastic hip, or a Goldwing in my future....or both
eng943 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 12:35 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ont, Canada
Posts: 91
Hey Noob I don't know how old you are, but if you are like a lot of beemer owners that are in past the 1/2 century, from my experience driving in a car for a long time , or even flying in a plane first class for 8hrs, I seem to get a pain of some sort, so I think it comes from living a good life, not too many people can go riding on a gt. or any other machines for that case, I think we are pretty lucky, it could be a lot worst. you could be hurting due to a pick and shovel like so many other people have to do to make a living,
Silvano is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 1:01 pm
Strafist
 
grifscoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Outside New Braunfels, TX, USA
Posts: 2,544
How long have you had the bike? I'm just wondering if your body has adapted to it yet. Have you tried lowering the pegs?

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
grifscoots is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 2:58 pm Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
eng943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: , ,
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvano
Hey Noob I don't know how old you are, but if you are like a lot of beemer owners that are in past the 1/2 century, from my experience driving in a car for a long time , or even flying in a plane first class for 8hrs, I seem to get a pain of some sort, so I think it comes from living a good life, not too many people can go riding on a gt. or any other machines for that case, I think we are pretty lucky, it could be a lot worst. you could be hurting due to a pick and shovel like so many other people have to do to make a living,

Well, I don't know. 41 years of age, and 18 years in the fire service, I've become accustomed to pain and a list of injuries too long to mention.

This hip pain is new. I've had the GT for a year, and I have lowered the pegs, but I think it's less indicative of the bike, and more indicative of something wrong with me.

Off to the orthopesist I'm afraid.
eng943 is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 3:11 pm
Would rather be riding
 
bonafidebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mountain View, CA, USA
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng943
Lately I feel some discomfort in my right hip while riding. Feels as though the seat is somehow putting tension on my hip joint. After my last ride a few days ago, I have had significant hip pain, to the extent that it hurts to walk.
Also 41, no hip pain. Chronic lower back pain, sure, but I get that sitting in my chair at works. Doctor suggests it might be a touch of arthritis in my lower spine -- whee. Occasionally I'll get a sort of cramp in my left leg but stretching it out makes it go away, and that's not new to the GT same thing happened with my last bike. If it hurts to walk you should definitely go see a doctor. Just don't say "doctor, doctor, it hurts when I go like this"...
bonafidebob is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 4:02 pm
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ont, Canada
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by eng943
Well, I don't know. 41 years of age, and 18 years in the fire service, I've become accustomed to pain and a list of injuries too long to mention.

This hip pain is new. I've had the GT for a year, and I have lowered the pegs, but I think it's less indicative of the bike, and more indicative of something wrong with me.

Off to the orthopesist I'm afraid.
I bet that the 18 years in the service does not help, you guy's do a lot more then you think You do , and with all the other stuff that you put up with, that could be your problem ; in disguise, well I hope that it's nothing and you could go on and enjoy your GT.
Silvano is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 5:10 pm
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: , ,
Posts: 2,680
Yep. Time to see a doc. Might recommend a PT to get some exercises if it is just cramping.

My right shoulder shoulder (only) will cramp on a long ride of 300+ miles. Turning my head is "Ouch!" Luckily it subsides shortly after the ride so I know it's something I'm doing wrong.

There are some over-the-counter roll-on pain medications that might help too if it's a localized riding-only thing.

Mack
GMack is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 7:36 pm
Enthusiast
 
beavtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lake Forest (El Toro), CA, USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
How long have you had the bike? I'm just wondering if your body has adapted to it yet. Have you tried lowering the pegs?
Or raise the seat if it's on the low setting. Got the same problem but it depends on the length of time in the saddle (left hip). I raised the seat to its highest setting and it cleared up the issue, however, no more flat footed stops.
beavtm is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 8:07 pm
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 468
Try seeing a chiropractor. Probably 90% of these aches and pains I read about have nothing to do with you legs/hips/shoulders and everything to do with your back.

In the interest of full disclosure I'm 30 years old and I've been seeing a chiropractor fairly regularly for 2 years now. Cured my daily headaches (reverse curve in my neck), cured my hip pain and leg pain. I was wowed after the first couple visits but what really drove the point home was looking at the x-rays with my own eyes. I could see the lack of curve in my neck. I could see the misaligned C1-C4 vertabrae in my neck. I could see that my whole spine was curved left/right and as a result my spinal cord was twisted, yes-twisted! We got that fixed up in about a year. Never had any serious injuries, mostly just bad posture and crappy seats in the planes I fly.

I can't stress it enough - besides, what do you have to lose? A couple bucks for some office co-pays. Check it out, get the x-rays, you'll be amazed.
iflybricks is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 2008, 8:07 pm
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 67
I usually experience a severe pain in my hip after I've picked up my bike from the shop!
bwbcpa is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Throttle rockers - any experience with? roppo Bike Talk 16 Jun 11th, 2015 10:35 am
Neck & Back Pain 2wheeler K12/1300GT (Next Gen) 37 May 30th, 2012 10:53 am
Software Upgrade and Airbox Replacement Experience XMagnaRider K12/1300GT (Next Gen) 6 May 7th, 2008 8:20 pm
The pain in my hip is ….. JIS K1200RS/GT (Classic) 10 Aug 8th, 2007 1:57 pm
My 'Helimot' Experience motosaint Apparel 1 Sep 4th, 2006 6:30 pm

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome