One of the Nicer Pics of the GT! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 5:52 pm Thread Starter

One of the Nicer Pics of the GT!

http://motorcycledaily.com/21november05_2006bmws.htm

Motorcycle daily has a nice picture of the GT preceded by a couple of pics of the new F800S and ST. (maybe we should combine these two in a seperate forum - just kidding. <g>)

It's nice the way BMW slung those heavier bags fairly low on the bike. The low center of gravity on the K-S is one of its best traits; these low saddlebags seem designed to keep it that way. Compare to the F800ST just above the GT.

Miles

Last edited by Miles_Miller; Nov 23rd, 2005 at 9:39 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2005, 11:45 am
Enthusiast

Hi Miles,

Thanks for the link. It is a very nice photo of the GT. Would you call that black? The front fender and the faring in this pic appear to be the flat black. Especially when you compare it to the shiny rear bags.

Regards,

Motorman
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2005, 9:39 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Hi Miles,

Thanks for the link. It is a very nice photo of the GT. Would you call that black? The front fender and the faring in this pic appear to be the flat black. Especially when you compare it to the shiny rear bags.

Regards,

Motorman
It's not black. We all thought it was when the first grainy pics. surfaced before the Milan show. A number of folks also thought it was a flat black.

Turns out its a dark grey and all gloss. Take a look at the thread below entitled:"A couple of GT pictures taken in Milano" and you can see the color more clearly.

The motorcycledaily picture shows the bike off by itself and also demonstrates that you can get poor representations in pictures and a nice one like the one here.

Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2005, 10:28 pm

hmmm, looks like a split seat, perhaps? Can't tell from the pics.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2005, 10:36 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
hmmm, looks like a split seat, perhaps? Can't tell from the pics.

http://www.michaelbense.de/k1200s/ga...s.php?album=30

Yes, it is a split seat. Check and enlarge the thumbnails on Michael Bense site and you can clearly see that. I sure hope the keyhole to pop the seat is more convenient than on the K-S.

Miles
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2005, 11:49 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Miller
http://www.michaelbense.de/k1200s/ga...s.php?album=30

Yes, it is a split seat. Check and enlarge the thumbnails on Michael Bense site and you can clearly see that. I sure hope the keyhole to pop the seat is more convenient than on the K-S.

Miles
Looks like it is right at the back over the tail light lens (you can see a key hole in one of the rear shots).

Bob.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 1:00 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFWILSON
Looks like it is right at the back over the tail light lens (you can see a key hole in one of the rear shots).

Bob.
Bob,

Hate to admit this; but since getting the K-S in May, I have yet to remove the seat. Thankfully it doesn't use oil. <g> The split seat and more convenient keyhole should solve the problem we have on the K-S.

The seat is also adjustible as are the bars. My guess on the bars: if you want an RT, you adjust the bars one way; if you want a GT, you adjust the bars another way for a little forward lean. This will accomodate everyone unlike the current GT which had fixed bars and a mandatory forward lean that put off a lot of potential buyers.

Miles
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 1:45 pm
Enthusiast

I like the bags

Why hasn't someone figured how to lower the pipe on the 03-04 GT to get a full bag on the left side? And will the bags from the new GT hang on the old mounts? Lets get the torch out and reposition the stock pipe. If all fails it will be a good time to up grade. Maybe a little plastic work or bastardization to get a full bag and I think the old bike is still better than new.

Wow I didn't know BMW made motorcycles, Yeah I think Honda does too.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 2:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot
Why hasn't someone figured how to lower the pipe on the 03-04 GT to get a full bag on the left side? And will the bags from the new GT hang on the old mounts? Lets get the torch out and reposition the stock pipe. If all fails it will be a good time to up grade. Maybe a little plastic work or bastardization to get a full bag and I think the old bike is still better than new.
Like this?

Thread:

http://www.k-bikes.com/ubbthreads/sh...=&view=&sb=&o=

Pic:

http://www.k-bikes.com/ubbthreads/do...h_id=3413?Cat=

'08 K1200GT Dark Graphite - Awesome
'04 K1200RS Piedmont Red - Traded
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 2:43 pm

Miles
Where did I miss the part about adj bars on the forthcoming GT ? This new model just keeps getting better and better, atleast for me anyway.

Phil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode