Looking for a dealer to purchase a 2009 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2008, 1:55 pm Thread Starter
Rookie

Looking for a dealer to purchase a 2009

I am currently in Iraq and I have been trying to find online a place to order a 2009 K1200GT. I will be back in Kansas in December and I am looking for an early 2009 delivery.

BMW motorcycles of Omaha has emailed me back with the following pricing:
"Expect a fully loaded GT esa asc tpm HID all heat to be around $22750. And yes Bmw has a military discount program and we add discount also. Right now it is $500 for K-bikes and we add another $300 for military." Does that seem like a fair price or could I do better?

I am still waiting for a reply from Engle motors in Kansas City. They are my closest dealer and closer then Omaha by about thirty miles. Still, the closest dealer is 120 miles away.

Are these bikes new still commanding close to MSRP? I am looking for one fully loaded, with top case gps etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2008, 3:42 pm
Cruisin the MidAtlantic joyfully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega
I am currently in Iraq and I have been trying to find online a place to order a 2009 K1200GT. I will be back in Kansas in December and I am looking for an early 2009 delivery.

BMW motorcycles of Omaha has emailed me back with the following pricing:
"Expect a fully loaded GT esa asc tpm HID all heat to be around $22750. And yes Bmw has a military discount program and we add discount also. Right now it is $500 for K-bikes and we add another $300 for military." Does that seem like a fair price or could I do better?

I am still waiting for a reply from Engle motors in Kansas City. They are my closest dealer and closer then Omaha by about thirty miles. Still, the closest dealer is 120 miles away.

Are these bikes new still commanding close to MSRP? I am looking for one fully loaded, with top case gps etc.
I appreciate what you are doing over there for us all; be careful, my friend.

That is in the ballpark for what I paid about 1 month ago for my fully loaded '08 GT (MSRP minus $750), before I added BMW tank bag, Zumo 550 with XM, BMW alarm and Lojack. No additional military discount, though (I left the Army in 1990). The distance to the dealer is a pain, but for routine stuff, just a nice bike ride, I guess.

Get that GT; it is an awesome machine.

wintermute
'08 BMW K1200GT
'10 Ducati 1198 S Corse
'10 Ducati Streetfighter S
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2008, 3:47 pm
Would rather be riding

That sounds like a sticker price to be honest, excluding the military discount. With a brand new 2009 it might be hard to do better. I bet you could get a better deal on an '08 that was still in the dealer's inventory. I bought my '07 in August right about when the '08s were coming out. I didn't haggle very hard, but got some service and accessory discounts included, the dealers seem to have more flexibility there. Lately I've seen a couple of '07's still in dealer inventory with $2000 reductions on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2008, 9:42 pm
Let's Ride

I love the Omaha dealer, they have always been fair with me. They have no problem putting on farkles and will handle warranty issues with a smile.

2006 K1200GT
2009 G450X
2004 KTM525 SX
199? Dune Buggie
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 2008, 9:53 pm

BMW Omaha

I second GT-1's sentiments. Give them a call (888-285-9836), talk to Jim - I'll bet they'll work with you beyond the email quote: tell them what you can/want to pay... Their Web site: BMW Motorcycles of Omaha

-----
His: 2012 K1600GT
Hers: 2008 Buell Blast (for sale) & 2009 Ducati Monster 696

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode