The new GT....... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2005, 6:38 pm Thread Starter

The new GT.......

I'm sorry, but, I think my '04 GT (peidmont red) is a much better looking bike than the new one. I would like the new motor in a bike (wait until some serious testing is done) but the new GT looks like something out of "Star Trek". Too angular, not really smooth lines like my '04. Of course since BMW's are famous for 100K or double that, I'll be keeping mine awhile. I will never own any other (brand). Still going to try out my buddies FJR1300 next summer, or I'll break his arm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 2005, 9:33 am
Addict

no doubt the RS and GT are much better looking bikes than the "S" or new GT but then again it's hard to improve on perfection. in my opinion bmw should have kept the styling of the RS and built the new frame and engine around it. while i like the looks of the "S" it does not look better than my RS. looks aside what the "S" and new GT offer over the old bikes is performance ie, more HP, more acceleration, better handling, ESA, all the things serious bikers demand in their bikes. one of the reasons i purchased the RS was BMW's history of longevity. i wanted a bike that would last 100,000 miles plus not something i had to replace ever few years. it remains to be seen how well the new engine will hold up compared to the flying brick and boxer engines. if the new engine holds up then it'll be a real winner if not then BMW will have to go back to the drawing board.

last but not least BMW ought to hire the designer of the MV Augusta F4 tamburini and Senna those are to hot looking bikes that I would buy in a heart beat if i could afford the 48 grand price tag.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode