SOooo I GoT it. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2008, 7:36 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

SOooo I GoT it.

Pretty happy so far, went just like the road test. Yeah the throttle is a tad sensitive.
I got stuck in some traffic on the way back home, this won't be very typical of the use the bike will normally see. Fan was kicking on and baking right foot. I had the "delay" throttle return feel, then I had the idle increasing on it's own, sometimes up to 3000 rpm or so. Like that one nimrod complained about, did he say he crashed his bike? Anyways, what's the cause for the weird throttle stuff, mapping or??? It's OK though, it was doing it under pretty extreme conditions. Lots of fun, I think we'll get along JUST fine.
Dealer said when I get the 600mi done that there is a recall on EWS that'll take a few hours to complete, a new antenna ring. Also getting a new left side fairing panel due to some scratches he said were crating or tie-down scratches.

Gilly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2008, 8:34 pm

Try a TPS reset yet? See if that works.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2008, 8:38 pm
Addict

Congrats dood! the throttle stuff is caused by a poorly designed air box and you need to tell your dealer now so that he can have the replacement one and software upgrades done at your 600 mile.

Also make sure[U] that they change the Final Drive oil at the 600 also. This will possibly help you avoid the FD failure that has happened to some.

Dont stress, you have the luxury of all of the other GT owners experiences from this website that will help you understand the "rectification" issues that you might experience until you turn your new work of art into a true masterpiece!

Black stuff down, Shiny side up!______________________________
10 R1200RTSE
02 R1100S
07 K1200GT R.I.P.
86 K100RS Sold
07 R1200GSA Sold
07 Softail Heritage Sold
86 K100RS Sold
82 R100RS Sold
82 Suzi GSX1100 Sold
75 Honda 750/4 Sold
74 Yamaha XS650 Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2008, 10:41 pm
Addict-oholic

Photos of you and your new steed are required. Where do you live? Put that in your profile, so we know where to find you!!

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 2008, 3:02 am Thread Starter
Veteran

I was pretty prepared for a few problems, thanks to all you guys.
I'll talk to them about the throttle. How do I do a TPS reset? They already tenatively offered me a demo bike for the 600mi because of the EWS recall, so yeah would be nice to have the airbox done at the same time if it's needed.
I editted my location, and will work on getting some pictures up.

Gilly
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 2008, 9:52 am

IIRC, the TPS reset is done by turning the key to the ignition position (don't start the bike), twisting the throttle to full stop three times, then switching the key to off. If I'm wrong I'm sure one of the more knowledge guys will correct me. Enjoy the new bike!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2008, 8:05 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

The dealer is in the process of doing an airbox change on another GT, and also a throttle actuator ( I am only familiar with an actuator on cars with electronic "throttle by wire", I don't believe the GT had this, but there probably is a cable driven device BMW might call an actuator). So the dealer wants to try this out on the bike they have in now, and if it fixes it he'll be confident mine will be fixed.
In general I am really enjoying the bike, even with it's little nastytudes.
In reference to the threads on final drive oil, here is a crazy idea: anyone ever just decide to try to install a drain hole and plug??
Gilly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode