Moved to TN - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 2008, 8:40 pm Thread Starter

Moved to TN

Made the move to Tennessee this past week. Any GT'ers in the greater Knoxville area? How the dealership here?

My wife and I are in Oak Ridge (technically) but we're way out west, only a couple miles from Kingston.

Lots of exploring to do and only about 70 miles from Deal's Gap, gotta go see what all the fuss is about.

If you're in the area feel free to drop a PM or hit me through my website (in my signature block).

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2008, 5:38 pm

Welcome to Tennessee

Iflybricks,

Well to the state of TN . My wife was born raised here in Knoxville, I moved down here in '99 and I love it; specially when my wife and I started riding. I currently ride a 06 Kaw Concours and I'm looking at KGT's.

The dealership in Lenior City, http://www.destinationmotorcycles.com/, from my understanding, they are the only dealership in TN, North GA, South KY and West NC.

Before I make my final decesion, I myself am wondering about the level of service at the dealership. Because of the sparse dealerships, that does make a mark against my decesions.

I feel that I deal with any issue, other then the final drive. BUT IT's not totally detiring me away from one. I think once I test ride, I'll get off the fence.

I wished I had expericence with them, with the bbb they have satisfactory record.

There are many great roads down here, last weekend my wife, I and a freind went up through the http://www.cherohala.com/location.html. Always looking for more riders, give me a shout if your interested.

JR Wilsey
[email protected]
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2008, 9:35 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr6972
Iflybricks,

The dealership in Lenior City, http://www.destinationmotorcycles.com/, from my understanding, they are the only dealership in TN, North GA, South KY and West NC.
Huh? I deal with Bloodworth Motorsport (www.bloodmotor.com) in Nashville and have for many years. Their service department, though small, is top notch! I too ride a GT by the way. Came over from an RT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 2008, 11:23 am Thread Starter

Nashville is a bit of a hike for some service (170 miles). Some guys do that and more but if I have luck locally I'll be a happy camper. If not, Nashville music city here I come! Y'all better have a couch for me to crash on though.

Hey JR - great link, thanks for that. Home from work next week for just a couple days. Lots of chores to do but I'll bust out at least one day and hit the road. Next couple months though I'll have everything done and get ridin'!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 2008, 10:24 pm
dag
Noob

moving to TN

Hey There,
My wife and I are moving to the Nashville area ( not that close to you ) but if your looking for a GT to ride with let me know if your in the area. I arrive at rthe end of September.

D.Coombes
07'K12GT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:19 am Thread Starter

GIve a holla when you arrive in paradise. gotta love TN!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode