Maintenance "list"?? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2008, 6:47 am Thread Starter
Veteran

Maintenance "list"??

Looking through the papers and books, I see no list of what needs to be done when on the bike (07 GT). Is there some source (or am I missing something?) that shows what is done at the 6K and 12K, and the time-dependent items?
On the first service, there is a box that can be checked showing "brake fluid replaced (or flushed, whatever it says), SHOULD this be done? I'm used to brake fluid flushed every 2 years and coolant every 3. WHERE is the VIN number and production date listed on the chassis, BTW?
Gilly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2008, 6:09 pm

There's a brief sentence in the book that says consult your dealer for the maintenance schedule. Strange but true stories of the GT.

I believe one if the things on the menu is plug it in an check for codes at each interval.

Jeff
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 2008, 8:35 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Thanks Jeff. I figure that's a little jab about the sentence in the book. The ol K75 had a whole book just telling what needs to be done when, and had the section in it for the dealer to stamp and sign off on the service. Similar to the section in the owners manual. I liked the seperate book and LIST of items to be done at the different intervals.
I just ordered a service CD on ebay, hopefully will list the items.
For the first service i'll probably just have that service done in case I'd miss something. I could also do just the oil and filter and final drive myself and turn it over to them. I have to look through the manual again to see if it even lists recommended fluids. The bike does need to go in though, dealer said parts ordered for a "just came out" EWS bulletin (is there anyone who knows what/when bulletins come out?). Also they need to replace the left side of the fairing (damaged, they said shipping damage, although bike is a new 07?? Not all that noticeable anyways) and getting the weird throttle fluctuations that those in the know say is an airbox and mapping, classic problem. So will probably have a demo bike for a few days, hey maybe an LT!
My luck it'll be a Buell Blast.
And I'll actually LIKE it !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode