New Member - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 10:40 am Thread Starter
Noob

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member, just joined 2 days ago. The reason I joined was I'm about to trade in my 05 R1200 GS (today in fact) on a new, 08 K1200 GT. Although I loved my GS and have rode it cross county several times I'm ready to take it up a notch. I've test rode the K1200 GT several times and can't seem to get it out of my blood. I think I got a pretty good deal on the new bike since the dealer here in Colorado gave me $800.00 off plus the $1,250.00 more because of end of summer sale promotion by BMW. Getting the Deep Blue Metallic and will take delivery in about a week since the bike is still in the New Jersey warehouse and is being shipped to the dealer as we speak. I'm hoping I've made the right choice about swapping from the GS to the GT. I hardly ever rode the GS off pavement anyway. After riding the GT I fell in love with the power, smoothness and handling. I'm in the process of planning my next adventure going from Colorado to Calf. as soon as I take possession of the new GT. Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 11:09 am
Enthusiast

Yeh, We try to keep as many as we can in NJ but once in awhile one gets away... Good luck with it and ride safe. Post a picture once you get it all shined up If I had a choice of colors I would have a hard time choosing as all three look nice... I bought used so it was easy!!!

Gary
2007 K1200GT
Dark Graphite Grey
New Jersey-Don't Laugh!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 11:26 am Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks, will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 12:00 pm
I'm riding

congratulations on the right color!

I would keep the GS as a nice supplement though - esp if it's so trusted.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 12:08 pm

Welcome to the boards. Tons of good info and a great group here. Just watch out for Grif.

I got my '08 in June. Love it! Takes a little getting used to that's for sure. You will really enjoy it. I've had mine loaded up for a road trip and can still flick it through the twisties. There are smile lines INSIDE my helmet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000855.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	8840  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 1:27 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
I would keep the GS as a nice supplement though - esp if it's so trusted.
I agree with that! You'll miss the 12GS and you already have made the $$ investment in it. If you decide to add a second bike later, it will likely be a much more costly proposition than if you would have just kept the 12GS. I split my time very evenly between my GT and GS (I did about 5K on each machine this riding season). I truly don't know which one would go if I could have only one bike.

If you are able....keep 'em both.

Mike M
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 8:36 pm
Veteran

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your new GT!

Post pics when you stop riding it. The only problem with the GT is that you want to ride it all the time.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 9:11 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks all

Great day today. Got a surprise and actually picked up the new GT. Was suppose to wait a week for the dark blue metallic, but when I got to the dealer to trade in the GS(can't afford to keep both bikes or I would) I saw this beautiful, Aventurin Silver Metallic, begging to be taken home. So I did instead of waiting for the dark blue. Great first ride home. Got sidetracked though and had to of course take the long way, 100 extra miles, to get there. So far love it. Very different then my GS. Will take a little getting use to the different posture, but its all very comfortable. Tried to upload some photos but keep getting this error message and so I can't seem to add the pics. Safari can’t open the page “http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/newattachment.php”. The error was: “Operation could not be completed. (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302.)” (kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork:302) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.. If anyone uses an Apple computer with a Safari browser and has the solution let me know. Thanks.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 30th, 2008, 11:51 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgate
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member, just joined 2 days ago. The reason I joined was I'm about to trade in my 05 R1200 GS (today in fact) on a new, 08 K1200 GT. Although I loved my GS and have rode it cross county several times I'm ready to take it up a notch. I've test rode the K1200 GT several times and can't seem to get it out of my blood. I think I got a pretty good deal on the new bike since the dealer here in Colorado gave me $800.00 off plus the $1,250.00 more because of end of summer sale promotion by BMW. Getting the Deep Blue Metallic and will take delivery in about a week since the bike is still in the New Jersey warehouse and is being shipped to the dealer as we speak. I'm hoping I've made the right choice about swapping from the GS to the GT. I hardly ever rode the GS off pavement anyway. After riding the GT I fell in love with the power, smoothness and handling. I'm in the process of planning my next adventure going from Colorado to Calf. as soon as I take possession of the new GT. Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

Richard
Richard,

Where in Ca.?

I might know a great place to stay REAL CHEAP...

I'm glad you picked a faster color, but Crystal Greay Metallic was the fastest!

Enjoy, it is an amazing bike!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2008, 6:41 pm
Would rather be riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgate
Great day today. Got a surprise and actually picked up the new GT.
Congratulations and welcome. ...the GT does get under your skin. Great roads in your area too, lucky bastard.

On the pictures, that's the error you seem to get when the file size is too large. Try making them smaller or increasing the compression.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode