need weather man - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2008, 8:11 am Thread Starter

need weather man

I am planning to bring my bike to the states in the next few weeks, would like to go through Denver way, spoke to a couple of US boys, said that they don't recommend it
due to the unpredictable weather, does any one have any thoughts on this, or is there an alternate route that some one could suggest, I really don't have any resting place planned
so any where south west of me would work, time frame is not an issue,as long as I could make it back some time, I usasally keep it in Vegas, and move it down to phenix later on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2008, 11:51 am
Enthusiast

We live at 8500' outside of Boulder. The next few months are the best riding weather all year. 65* cloudless days and the aspens are changing. Yes, storms can move through and we usually get a dusting of snow in September, but they move out quickly. You'll just have to keep an eye on the weather buffoons and the sky. Probably bring a heated vest for the mornings.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2008, 11:58 am

Denver Weather "if you don't like it, wait 15 min. it'll change"

I live in the Denver area and have been known to ride through the Christmas holiday season assuming the roads are dry. I agree with the previous poster, this is the best time of the year to ride. The weather is just right for full riding gear not blazing hot and miserable. The roads are in great shape and the traffic has started to thin after the holiday weekend. Occasionally a storm might blow through, but it's short lived and the roads are cleared and good in very little time.

In short, come on down and enjoy some of the best riding in the country. If you need any assistance while in the area, let me know, or post. There are plenty of friendly helpful riders in Colorado.

Snowy1248
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2008, 1:20 pm Thread Starter

Thank you soo much guy's, I will be taking you up on some more feed back, any info you
can feed me will be highly appreciated, I think you made up my mind, for me, which is not hard to do hoping to spend a few days in the area before taking off,
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2008, 1:45 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvano
Thank you soo much guy's, I will be taking you up on some more feed back, any info you
can feed me will be highly appreciated, I think you made up my mind, for me, which is not hard to do hoping to spend a few days in the area before taking off,
Lemme know if I can help when your in the area.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 8:04 pm
Veteran

You are riding down from Canada? if so, what route from there to Colorado?
Gilly
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 3:44 am Thread Starter

Not sure yet , probably bee line to dever, I don't know what the area has to offer before
that but I am open for suggestions
thankx Silvano
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 3:49 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidS
Lemme know if I can help when your in the area.

MY gess is around the 10th to the 12th
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 4:41 am
Veteran

From T'ronto, up through the Grey/Bruce Peninsula, ferry to South Baymouth and check out Manitoulin Island, across the North Channel to Ste St Marie, into Michigan, across the UP and check out Whitefish Point, across the UP and check the Copper Harbor area, um, then beeline to Denver......
Gilly
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 12:38 pm
Enthusiast

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GillyWI
From T'ronto, up through the Grey/Bruce Peninsula, ferry to South Baymouth and check out Manitoulin Island, across the North Channel to Ste St Marie, into Michigan, across the UP and check out Whitefish Point, across the UP and check the Copper Harbor area, um, then beeline to Denver......
Gilly
Don't forget the Apostle Islands in WI, dinner at the Deep Water grill in Ashland, WI

As long as you watch the weather riding it is good onto late Oct. Can get a little interesting in the mountains in Oct & Nov.. Fffffour letter words COLD, SNOW, and more, cold & snow

If you don't go up through the Bruce, along the east shore of Georgian bay is good too,
West shore of Lake Huron is good once you are north of Saginaw, MI.

North Side of Lake Superior is awesome, but then you still haven't left Ontario.

If I didn't have to work to pay for the GT I would go with you, we should have left in April.

'07 K1200GT Crystal Gray Metalic
'00 Ducati 900 Monster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode