Clear Turn Signals for '08 GT - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2008, 7:30 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Clear Turn Signals for '08 GT

I replaced the OEM turn indicators with clear turn indicators and amber bulb. As soon as I took it out for a ride, the instrument panel started acting up...the yellow warning triangle light is on and the fuel reserve sign is flashing even though I have a full tank of gas. I replaced the OEM turn indicators and bulb but it's still flashing the same warning. Could be a coincidence and the fuel sensor is malfunctioning, but just to be sure, has anybody else had any negative experience with clear (hornig.de) turn signals?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2008, 10:58 am
Strafist

Nada here.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2008, 7:51 pm

Did the Hornig thing over a year ago. No problems.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2008, 12:34 am
Would rather be riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxswami
Could be a coincidence and the fuel sensor is malfunctioning, but just to be sure, has anybody else had any negative experience with clear (hornig.de) turn signals?
Coincidence. I've got the clear signals with amber bulbs, no problem. I also had exactly the same fuel sensor malfunction at 700 miles, dealer replaced the sensor strip under warranty.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2008, 8:33 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Thanks. I think yall'all are right. I'll have the fuel sensor replaced. Related question: When installing the clear lens, I noticed that it doesn't come with the rubber seals (two of one kind and one pressure balancing seal of another kind). I removed the seals from the factory lens and used them for the clear ones. Did your kit come with the seals? Also, the pressure balancing seal has fallen off somewhere meaning it doesn't fit quite as snugly as it does in the factory lens. Did you have similar issues? Bottom line is that I need extra rubber seals and I'm wondering if they are sold somewhere.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2008, 9:43 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxswami
Thanks. I think yall'all are right. I'll have the fuel sensor replaced. Related question: When installing the clear lens, I noticed that it doesn't come with the rubber seals (two of one kind and one pressure balancing seal of another kind). I removed the seals from the factory lens and used them for the clear ones. Did your kit come with the seals? Also, the pressure balancing seal has fallen off somewhere meaning it doesn't fit quite as snugly as it does in the factory lens. Did you have similar issues? Bottom line is that I need extra rubber seals and I'm wondering if they are sold somewhere.
My lenses came with no seals and I noticed, too, the were a little loose. I simply used the OEM seals and coated the base with a very thin coat of silicone seal. Gutter seal does not really harden and you can replace the bulbs with no problems.

Mike
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2008, 3:22 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Good tip. Thanks. Here's a thread I would have found if I'd done my research. http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11486

Last edited by taxswami; Sep 6th, 2008 at 3:33 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode