Pricing help - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 7:10 am Thread Starter

Post Pricing help

All, lets say that a person is wanting to sell a '07 GT. And lets say it has 33,000 miles. And lets say it has a bunch of farkles, BigMak shelf, Rick Mayer saddles, 4 windshields, Engage tank bag, etc. In addition, it has had no problems with any of the "issues".

What would a good price be to sale?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 8:09 am

I'll give you $500 cash, right now. I suspect that's the best offer you're going to see. Better take it before someone else speaks up.

Honestly check eBay and wherever else KGT's are sold online. Find at least a similar bike, knock a couple bucks off for the miles, add $$ for the farkles. Figure maybe 50 cents on the dollar for what you spend on accessories.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 9:18 am
Addict

/AdviceTake off the farkles and sell them separately and you will yield a much higher return than including them in the bike sale. I did this recently with sale of my LT and made so much $$ that I was able to farkleize my new GT for free! Most people looking at a bike will take the farkles for granted and not value them appropriately./End Advice

2008 K1200GT, Custom Paint, Vivid Black, Aeroflow WS & Aeroguards, Givi E52 Maxia Topcase w/AdMore Lighting, Zumo 660, Suburban Footpeg Lowering, Sargent Seat

2009 R1200GS Adventure, Magnesium Grey/Black, Adventure Cases, Zumo 660, Touratech Unobtanium Accessories

1974 Norton Commando 850 Soon to be a restoration project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 2008, 11:24 pm

Most will pay nothing for your "farkles" Really I have found the best way is to sell them either on a trade board or the ole E Bay Motors. The accesories that you paid dearly for might not, (No here I can almost say with some certainty will be little if any value to a potential buyer for your bike)

More advice. Get down on the ground and clean that bike like you have never cleaned it before. Make sure everything works and let no one test ride it unless you know them and thier ability to ride it. Look on E Bay and take an average price for bikes like yours. Sell it !
Don't try to get rich on one sale you will have to be realistic or face the danger of ending up 15 minutes before the bid time closes with no bids. Then sell the "farkles"

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Nov 1st, 2008, 3:31 pm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusileer72
no one test ride it unless you know them and thier ability to ride it.
I've wondered about how to handle this situation. I've never sold a bike before, but wondered how this is handled. I'm gonna start a new thread...

B.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode