BMW K1200, K1300, and K1600 Forum banner

Fs: Large Bmw Top Box

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Silvano 
#1 ·
I have the large BMW Top Box that I bought from Grif a month ago and have decided to go with the Givi instead. I'll sell it for what I paid for it which was 400.00 plus postage. If anyone is interested please PM or Email me.

Thanks!

#8 ·
It's for an '08 GT. I just had to buy the adapter plate to fit the GT's luggage rack. I'm not sure why they told you they dont have one for your '07, I believe the luggage rack is the same for all years. I bought the Monokey, the largest they make. I don't have the specific model handy as mine is at the dealership waiting on the adapter plate to arrive. I should have it either Monday or Tuesday and will post what model I got exactly.

#9 ·
The Givi R1200RT adapter works for the GT, essential the same rack or at less the Box mounting points are the same.

Those of us that are really cheap, modify the adapter that was used for my R1100RS.

#10 ·
robert said:
I'm also interested in purchasing a GIVI top case for my 07 k1200gt, GIVI says they do not have one to fit this bike, was yours for a newer gt, if so which topcase?

I had a Maxia 52 on my now gone st1300. I had it off the bike when an old lady T-Boned me last september. I really liked the size so I decided not to sell it. After some research I found that the GIVI adapter plate # E193 will bolt on the KGT rack, with some fiddling. The top case was color matched to my silver 2003 ST, but it doesn't contrast too much with my blue KGT considering that the frame is also silver. There is always the option to have the top lid color matched to the KGT blue. The # E-193 refers to the newer RT model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.