New Jacket - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2009, 4:45 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

New Jacket

So it's about 25 degrees here in NJ so I figured I ought to buy a new Hot weather Jacket :-) BMW of Daytona is blowing out BMW Airflow 3 jackets for $299.99 Retail was $449.00 there is supposed to be an Airflow 4 coming but I'm sure the 3 will do me fine. I saw them on ebay but called directly to get the color and size I wanted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2009, 4:50 pm
Addict

Smart man, and in the middle of the summer, buy a winter jacket. Funny, but every bike I ever bought was between the months of Nov-Jan.

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2009, 9:09 am
Addict

I still want one of these, but I'm still to damn fat to fit into one...

http://www.eggparka.com/english/main.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2009, 10:26 am
Noob

I've had the AirFlow 2 for about 3 years. It's a great suit and comfortable even in the high 90s / high humidity.

If you're afraid; don't do it. If you do it; don't be afraid. -Mongolian axiom
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2009, 11:13 am
Enthusiast

Exactly what I did, Erik. With the new 2009 BMW Apparel line about to be released I scored both a Streetguard 2 and Airflow 3 jacket for almost 50% off retail. I'm sure the new SG3 and Airflow 4 jackets will be dope, but I don't need the latest and greatest of anything just to be able to say "hey look, I have the latest and greatest BMW jacket"!

FYI, I've been working with a really sharp gal over at Sierra BMW named Suzanne. She only works in the apparel department and knows the BMW line backwards and forwards. Turns out the Airflow 3 jacket runs a little large so while I took one size in the SG2 jacket, I needed a size smaller in the Airflow 3. That saved me a bit of grief which was appreciated. Sierra BMW also will ship out another jacket/pant for free if the original size is incorrect. They just seem to understand what customer service is all about. A notion my local BMW/Ducati dealer in Dallas is sadly missing.

No affiliation with Sierra. I'm a number cruncher for Verizon Telecomm as you boys know.

Ride safely and carry out the plan of the day,

David
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2009, 3:21 pm
Addict-oholic

I have an airflow purchased 3 years ago and it is a real cool item for 3 seasons. I also have a Santiago for the cold days and winter. I like them both, far superior to my old Hein Gericke leather jacket and pants.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2009, 11:29 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

My all round suit is the Comfort Shell, that didn't change for 2009 , I've been really happy with that and the Airflow 3 will zip to the Comfort Shell pants so all I need to carry is a waterproof top.. the Comfort Shell is good up to about 85 but after that I need more Airflow ( yes pun intended) I wear a 56 jacket in the Comfort Shell so I'm hoping the Airflow fits about the same.. I was told no problem to exchange if the sizing is off, but I think I'll call Monday before they ship to double check..
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 9:36 am
Noob

That is similar to my setup. ComfortShell pants and jacket for early spring and fall. Venting machine jacket zipped up to the comfortshell pants in the summer for more ventilation. As you mentioned, the summer jacket is not good in the rain. What is your choice for carrying a raintop?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode