Chicago BMW - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2009, 8:17 am Thread Starter

Chicago BMW

Hmmm, I may be wrong, but it looks like Chicago BMW is no longer offering the 20% discount on parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2009, 9:13 am
Enthusiast

Well, I found that to be the case when I tried to order the mounting bracket and power cord for a Zumo 550 install on my GT. A week prior the bracket was $25, but with the discount it was reduced to $20. I looked at it again the other day and no discount. I'm sure it's a sign of the economic times regardless of the "rah-rah" speech last night from our acting President...

I went ahead and ordered both parts from Drew at Max BMW. They were shipped the next day with an accompanying email confirmation. Received the order yesterday including a bag of M&Ms which I understand is their normal mode of operation. It's a little thing but Max now has secured my ongoing business.

I'm a Texas boy with no ties to Max BMW whatsoever.

David
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2009, 9:36 am
Veteran

On 11 February 2009, I received an email from Chicago BMW with the following message:

Dear Chicago BMW customers:

New rules from BMW corp. we can not show discounted prices on our website. But our staff will still give the discount on your internet orders. Please tell your friends and clubs and other riders sites. Thanks.

Mark & Javier & the whole crew at Chicago BMW

P.S. you can still call 773-247-6820 if you have any Questions.

Note: I receive "text only" email messages. The original email had lots of HTML encoding embedded in it, so I edited the punctuation and formatting as best as I could to make it readable.

Note 2: For the record, I still support the three BMW dealers in my local area. If I have looked at something at one of those dealers, then I will buy from them at their price. I DO NOT advocate the concept of shopping at a local dealer, and then buying the product at a discount from an online source.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2009, 9:36 am
JCW
contributor

They are forbidden to advertise their prices. Call them for the discount.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2009, 10:40 am
Enthusiast

I stand corrected.

Thanks guys!

David
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2009, 1:41 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider
On 11 February 2009, I received an email from Chicago BMW with the following message:

Dear Chicago BMW customers:

New rules from BMW corp. we can not show discounted prices on our website. But our staff will still give the discount on your internet orders. Please tell your friends and clubs and other riders sites. Thanks.

Mark & Javier & the whole crew at Chicago BMW

P.S. you can still call 773-247-6820 if you have any Questions.

Note: I receive "text only" email messages. The original email had lots of HTML encoding embedded in it, so I edited the punctuation and formatting as best as I could to make it readable.

Note 2: For the record, I still support the three BMW dealers in my local area. If I have looked at something at one of those dealers, then I will buy from them at their price. I DO NOT advocate the concept of shopping at a local dealer, and then buying the product at a discount from an online source.
Thank God for that!!! BMW prices are high enough. 20% discount goes a long way when you are ordering $2500 worth of parts for a rebuild.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2009, 6:09 pm
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakalika
Thank God for that!!! BMW prices are high enough. 20% discount goes a long way when you are ordering $2500 worth of parts for a rebuild.
If you're willing to wait for the part.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2009, 6:47 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
If you're willing to wait for the part.

For 20% discount, I'll wait. It's winter here in MN. I got time.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 2009, 9:50 am
Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Once you order on-line at the listed prices you receive a computer generated invoice showing the list price and shipping. After they process the order you will receive another email showing the 20% discount. Ordered the BMW LED taillight and harness - smokin' deal!

Dale
2008 K1200GT
Metallic Blue
MOA #72871

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode