Tyre pressure sensor - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2009, 7:02 am Thread Starter

Tyre pressure sensor

Has anyone bought one of these, or know the company jesterstrickbits?

I originally saw this in Polo shops in Germany and it sells at €199 plus a sensor at €39.95. Was just wondering how the sensor will fit on the front wheel as the valve comes out at 90 degrees to the side, not upright as per the rear?

RTS tyre sensor system is a totally wireless display that provides accurate tyre temperature and pressure information of both wheels on one screen.

RTS detects the temperature and sends the information to the disply. The rider will always know when the tyres have reached the right temperature and consequently adopt a riding style most suited to the conditions. Whether touring or trackday the RTS offers a solution for every rider.

RTS alerts the rider of any loss in pressure or increase in temperature before they become dangerous. Safety is not the only support the RTS offers. The right tyre pressure also means better performance of the tyre and can extend tyre life up to 20% and improve fuel consumption. In the case of a relatively small pressure or temperature change from the chosen settings, the display will flash showing the appropriate wheel. In the case of a more severe change the ultra bright LED will also flash warning the rider of any impending problem before it becomes dangerous.

The unit can be mounted onto the bike's handlebars or dash (with the universal fitting kit supplied) having a quick release option.

Made in Italy, the RTS is suitable for bikes with tubeless tyres and is available in two versions, 8.3mm valve or 11.3mm valve.

http://www.jesterstrickbits.co.uk/ac...re_Sensor.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2009, 12:04 pm
IBR# 366

The sensor pictured will not work on the GT's front wheel. The factory tire pressure sensor uses a bolt into a threaded recess and does not hook to the valve stem at all. BMW also lists different rims for TPS and non-TPS bikes, so depending on what year your GT is you may not be able to fit the factory TPS system either.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 2009, 1:45 pm Thread Starter

Thought that might be the problem, thanks for the heads up. Saved me some money!

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode