Clutch Fluid Level Question - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:43 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Clutch Fluid Level Question

Ok this maybe a dumb question, but here goes. I was checking the clutch fluid on my 08 GT in the resovoir there is a left facing "L" which is the level indicator. In the BMW Rep Rom cd it sez to check level put handle bars so the resovoir is horizontal and then shows a picture that the correct level is to the top of the horizontal part of the "L", Am I reading this correctly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2009, 5:04 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik
Ok this maybe a dumb question, but here goes. I was checking the clutch fluid on my 08 GT in the resovoir there is a left facing "L" which is the level indicator. In the BMW Rep Rom cd it sez to check level put handle bars so the resovoir is horizontal and then shows a picture that the correct level is to the top of the horizontal part of the "L", Am I reading this correctly?
To the top of the bar on the left is Max and bottom of the bar on the right is Min. Tip: thoroughly dry the rubber gasket and all the lid surfaces before installing the lid or it will leak and leak and leak. At least mineral oil doesn't eat paint.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2009, 5:37 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

I'm still not quite sure I get it. The mark in the resovoir is an opposite facing "L" are you saying that to the top of the "L" is full and to the botom or horizontal line is minimum? Or maybe a better way to describe it is as a stairstep.. bottom of the step is min and the top is max?

Last edited by Erik; Mar 5th, 2009 at 5:42 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2009, 5:56 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik
I'm still not quite sure I get it. The mark in the resovoir is an opposite facing "L" are you saying that to the top of the "L" is full and to the botom or horizontal line is minimum? Or maybe a better way to describe it is as a stairstep.. bottom of the step is min and the top is max?
Bingo.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 2009, 6:06 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Thanks G !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode