6000 mile service - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2009, 12:39 pm Thread Starter

6000 mile service

Did this two weeks ago but just now found the papers I wanted to mention to all y'all. No surprises, and I did my own oil change so it was a quick service except for the EWS recall, that took a few.

What I wanted to mention was this - The tech pulled several codes off the computer. I had no codes thrown on the display, no warnings ever surfaced fyi. The codes are thrown sometimes randomly, sometimes without cause (in my case he think the Kisan TailBlazer lights helped throw codes). He said he knows which ones come up and they can just ignore them most of the time. I just found all that very interesting.

No, I don't have a GS911, but my birthday is coming and if y'all chipped in.....

Faults thrown on my bike -
Engine Electronics BMS-K
Instrument Cluster KOMBI
Anti-theft alarm system DWA / tyre pressure control RDC (I don't even have the alarm option)
Antilock braking system ABS
Central Chassis Electronics ZFE

Just wanted to share. Any of you with the code reader see these pop up randomly when you check? Mind you again, no codes or warnings on the screen.

just fyi

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2009, 4:05 pm
Veteran

Those aren't fault codes, they are just control units. The letters after the name of the control unit is just the abbreviation for the control unit. It's mostly German abbreviations. ABS is an obvious one. With ZFE for example the word "central" is "zentral", which is why it starts with a Z.
Gilly
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2009, 4:25 pm Thread Starter

Thanks GillyWI. Tech told me it was thrown codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2009, 6:58 pm
IBR# 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflybricks
Thanks GillyWI. Tech told me it was thrown codes.
Maybe there were numeric fault codes thrown in those specific modules, but not given to you by the tech. Hey, if the bike still runs, just keep riding it.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles and counting...
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 60K miles miles and counting...
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#145, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

All lower 48 states plus Alaska on the K13GT in two weeks . . .

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2009, 7:35 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meese
Maybe there were numeric fault codes thrown in those specific modules, but not given to you by the tech. Hey, if the bike still runs, just keep riding it.
Runs like a champ. Even the tech commented on it after his test ride. Just thought it was peculiar.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 2009, 8:51 pm
Strafist

I've seen those codes (except the alarm/tyre pressure as I don't have it). I've also seen "CANBUS OFF". This was using the GS-911. Every code I've ever seen, so far, has cleared and there was no indication on the bike.

I can't wait for Stephen to come out with the new Beta Version of the GS=911.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode