GS-911 new BETA released... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2009, 10:41 pm Thread Starter
Addict

GS-911 new BETA released...

For those of you with GS-911's, a new BETA was just released. I'm happy to be on the test team and tomorrow I will test it out. I have installed it and updated my unit, and the changes are HUGE. This product is one that just keeps getting better and better...

I'll report more tomorrow...

B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2009, 7:32 am
Strafist

I don't know if this is a big thing to anyone, but you and me. I put up a post yesterday on it, along with the upgrades.

I had to hook it up to my bike, but since nada was wrong, and seeings how it isn't a C1, had the service indicator, or 850, it was anticlimatic. I always thought the thing should play some kind of music at the end, something sinister. It will be nice to chart the O2 and have the ability to reset the brake light on the dash.

Did you notice, once you slap 10 bikes on it, you'll have to do an upgrade to pro. That will kind of limit you at tech sessions.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2009, 3:04 pm
Enthusiast

Glad to hear it is getting more robust, still on the fence on this one. However, since the wife got the new F650GS, I have more reason to get one now. Her service message is on, but I change the oil/filter what ever.

No tech here anyway for BMWs.

12 Super Tenere 1200 (coming soon)
10 MTS1200 standard (riding)
09 Monster 696 (wife's ride)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2009, 3:58 pm
I'm riding

Where did you buy them from?
I bought one and they posted it from the South Africa by FedEx in February.
FedEx was unable to clear it through customs here, in Moscow and sent it back to the sender. I suspect they just did not want to.
Now I am puzzled - 1. no confirmation from ZA on return of the parcel yet;
2. How to deliver that thing to me? As they asked DHL and DHL also refused to deal with Russian customs. is that GS911 a nuclear something?

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2009, 4:45 pm
Addict

Try here easyman:
http://www.beemershop.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=98

MOA Member #106320
2003 R1150RT Titan Silver
2008 K1200GT Dark Graphite
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2009, 8:10 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
I don't know if this is a big thing to anyone, but you and me. I put up a post yesterday on it, along with the upgrades.

I had to hook it up to my bike, but since nada was wrong, and seeings how it isn't a C1, had the service indicator, or 850, it was anticlimatic. I always thought the thing should play some kind of music at the end, something sinister. It will be nice to chart the O2 and have the ability to reset the brake light on the dash.

Did you notice, once you slap 10 bikes on it, you'll have to do an upgrade to pro. That will kind of limit you at tech sessions.
SLAM !
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2009, 2:03 pm
I'm riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahma
SLAM !
noun
a poetry contest in which competitors recite their entries and are judged by members of the audience, the winner being elected after several elimination rounds.
?
(c) McMillan Dictionary

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2009, 3:42 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyman05
noun
a poetry contest in which competitors recite their entries and are judged by members of the audience, the winner being elected after several elimination rounds.
?
(c) McMillan Dictionary
Wrong dictionary.
Slam also means to close very forcefully, or to suddenly force against another surface.
It's use in the prior post is more of a slang term, though.
See also: "Hello, Rock." "Hello, Hard-place".
Being able to diagnose 10 different bikes is a bit of a restriction for some folks, like those that do "Tech Days".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2009, 5:16 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
Wrong dictionary.
Slam also means to close very forcefully, or to suddenly force against another surface.
It's use in the prior post is more of a slang term, though.
See also: "Hello, Rock." "Hello, Hard-place".
Being able to diagnose 10 different bikes is a bit of a restriction for some folks, like those that do "Tech Days".
The 10 bike restriction seems counter-productive. It doubt it will cut back much on friends sharing a GS-911, but it will cut back on get-togethers where people can demo their new toy.

If someone demonstrates a GS-911 on a bike, the bike's owner may say, "Gee, I gotta get one of those."

If the GS-911 owner says, "Sorry, I can't show it to you on your bike because I don't want to use up one of my precious 10 slots", the bike's owner is far less likely to go out and buy one.

If you ask me, a Tech Day is a marketing and sales opportunity.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2009, 7:17 pm
Strafist

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMagnaRider
The 10 bike restriction seems counter-productive. It doubt it will cut back much on friends sharing a GS-911, but it will cut back on get-togethers where people can demo their new toy.

If someone demonstrates a GS-911 on a bike, the bike's owner may say, "Gee, I gotta get one of those."

If the GS-911 owner says, "Sorry, I can't show it to you on your bike because I don't want to use up one of my precious 10 slots", the bike's owner is far less likely to go out and buy one.

If you ask me, a Tech Day is a marketing and sales opportunity.
Man, I agree. I don't think I'll being paying for the "Pro" upgrade.

-=grif=-
What was that middle thang?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode