Looks like it Will be a 2006 Model in the U.S. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 2:06 pm Thread Starter

Looks like it Will be a 2006 Model in the U.S.

<<K 1200 GT...

The 2006 model is almost here... click and find out more!>>

We've been operating under the assumption that the new GT will be a 2007 model. Copied the above statement from the BMWUSA website this morning. Now this is not earthshattering news, but they are calling the bike a 2006 model. The good news might mean it will be forsale sooner than later.

Can't tell for sure but it also looks like the U.S. model will come "standard" with cruise control, heated seat and that new thing - a "brake pad wear indicator".

This is a fickle site, but I got to the information by going to bmwmotorcycles.com and clicking on news, then clicking on "model".

Miles

Just re-read the BMW USA blurb and it looks like the electronic cruise control is an option. The heated seat and the brake pad thingie stay as "standard" until further notice. <g>

Last edited by Miles_Miller; Dec 7th, 2005 at 2:13 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 5:56 pm
Statmaster

I don't know what this "We" stuff is. LOL!!! I've always gone under the assumption it was gonna be a 2006 model.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 9:53 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
I don't know what this "We" stuff is. LOL!!! I've always gone under the assumption it was gonna be a 2006 model.
Yes, I stand corrected! Shouldn't have used the collective "we". The year '07 has been attached to the bike and "I" assumed it would be intro'd late enough in calendar '06 to be labeled an '07.

BMW seems to have a history of confusing us on model years they assign to their motorcycles. Some of these model years run for 18 mos. I believe the '02 K12RS is one of those. In some cases, the model year is confined to mere months. Sometimes they seem to just miss a year.

More recently, it amused me that the 2005 K12S ran side-by-side with the 2006 K12R until this fall when the '06 K-S appeared, but that's for two different forums.

Calling the new GT an '06 seems to indicate a no-later than early spring debut, if that makes any sense. <g>

Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 7th, 2005, 10:02 pm
Statmaster

Yeah, Miles, I was just yankin' your chain a little bit.

Didn't K1200S come out last March/April after it was introduced in October of 2004. I know it was scheduled to be out earlier, but they were working out the bugs before the official launch.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 2005, 11:55 am

UK Dealers are expecting the GT deliveries to customers in April 2006. The supply will be very limited with only 8-10 per dealership.

Looks as if I'll have to join the queue as I'm NOT going to order one until I've seen one in the flesh (January-Feb at the London Motorcycle show) and test ridden one - March 2006 at the earliest.

Hope it's worth the wait!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode